Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Business » If you had the bucks and the ambition to start a chain of fast food restaurants what would be your food specialty?

If you had the bucks and the ambition to start a chain of fast food restaurants what would be your food specialty?

Pizza, chicken,  hamburgers, omelets,  fish 'n chips, road kill...? What would you make unique about YOUR product? 

Posted - June 20, 2019

Responses

I've never thought about opening a fast-food type restaurant, but have in the past considered buying a diner.   I might serve plates consisting of a  serving of boneless meat and two or three vegetables cooked in a healthy fashion along with corn bread or a yeast roll and a piece of homemade pie.  That's it.  Drive through only.  Might call it No Bones About It.   It would be like a short-list menu diner, take out only but from a drive through.  Absolutely no worries about customers in a restaurant.   No public restroom.   This is sounding better and better.  

I think a bone on a plate is gross.  Always have.  I try to not even buy meat with bones.  
      June 21, 2019 12:18 AM MDT

Sounds good. Don't forget to put in little packets of salt, pepper, ketchup etc. I got a take-out one time then was a ways down the road when I discovered was no salt and stuff and I am a salt addict so I had to drive all the way back to replenish my meal. 
      June 21, 2019 1:04 AM MDT

I always had thoughts about a high quality burger diner. Location would be the key to success with this one. Very different from anything out there now. 
    However, it would not work for me anymore, I am too animal rights conscious.  I probably would be vegan if I coud work out the diet and recipe issue.  I tried it and loved it but a lot of my hair fell out.

June 21, 2019 4:47 AM MDT

It would be a sub shop!  It has to be a sub shop.

I'll make it a chain restaurant.  Hopefully I can dominate the market. This post was edited by Livvie at June 22, 2019 8:38 AM MDT
      June 22, 2019 5:31 AM MDT