Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Are you closetrophobic?

Are you closetrophobic?

Posted - June 23, 2019

Responses

Nope.
    Have been down in pitch black caves, trapped in cramped commuter train carriages, had to crawl through tight spaces, slept in tiny births below deck.
    Felt no fear in any of those situations.

You?
      June 23, 2019 7:08 PM MDT

No...I am not afraid of closets.
      June 23, 2019 7:11 PM MDT

• I'm closed-toe-phobic. My toes need to breathe :/

June 23, 2019 7:10 PM MDT

Clever.
      June 23, 2019 7:12 PM MDT

I have those same sandals, only in a lighter tan and my toes are painted a soft pink.
    Love your style.
    You know they say that people with the second toe longer than their big toe have high intellegence?
    I think the "they" people are the people who have toes like this.
    Me, for example!!  ;) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 24, 2019 3:32 PM MDT
      June 24, 2019 10:44 AM MDT

Only ever in small places and those that I choose to a void   :)D 
      June 23, 2019 8:27 PM MDT

Small spaces do not bother me, but not enough room for my clothes does.  I have two nice walk-ins.  
      June 24, 2019 10:46 AM MDT

I don't have a phobia about small areas. I prefer larger but it isn't a necessity. 
    A friend of mine, on the other hand, does not do well in closed situations.
    Elevators are a big issue.  Anything without a window, for that matter, seems to bother her.  Let's not go into glass elevators.  Those don't work either.

June 24, 2019 10:49 AM MDT

I guess she wouldn't care for this idea then....

It's a tiny tree house.  Sorry she is so picky, because it DOES have plenty of windows. 

tiny house windows treehouse This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 24, 2019 1:30 PM MDT
      June 24, 2019 10:54 AM MDT

OMG! Move this over water that isn't frozen and let's start the bidding!
    Forget about her.  When she visits, I'll walk her up the stairs in the summer or have a small patio on the ground for entertaining those weak in the knees. 
     I'll sit her in the center of the place or ask her to make bread, or cookies, or something to entertain her if she is upstairs.
    I LOVE this house!  It would be perfect for Don and me!
      June 24, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

It has all the elements of EVERYTH(NG I love too.

It is like living in a dream.  I love this.   
    You can build most for around 50,000 thousand and look at what you get?  Everything.  

And many of them have wheels.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 25, 2019 8:40 AM MDT
      June 24, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

That would be one way to see the country, have windows and never be tired of your view!
    Going over the Rockys might be a bit of a climb but well worth it!
      June 25, 2019 8:42 AM MDT

Oh wait.  You might want to think about what Archer told me which is that they are easily STOLEN?

7 Ways You Can Protect Your Tumbleweed From Theft

Imagine spending thousands of dollars to buy or build your own Tiny House RV, only to have it stolen. The mere thought is heartbreaking. Don’t let this happen to you! Below I’ve listed 7 precautions you can take to prevent Tiny House theft.

Tiny House theft! Don’t let your Tumbleweed leave without your permission.

1). Use a Hitch Lock

Locking your hitch is one of the simplest ways you can protect yourself from Tiny House theft. Of course there are ways a thief can remove a hitch lock, but this is a good start.

Tiny House Theft

2). Block the Wheels or Use a Lock

Lock at least one of your wheels with a wheel lock. If you are planning to park in the same location for a long time, you can pile bricks in front of your wheels. This will make moving the Tiny House RV a difficult task. You can also remove the wheels or put your Tiny on blocks, but this is only for permanent parking situations. This post is NOT about making your Tiny House RV immobile, but instead, preventing it from moving without your permission.

Tiny House Theft

Imagine credit: TinyHouseTalk

3). Chain your trailer

Another idea would be to chain your trailer to a tree or permanent structure. Heavy duty chains work best. The more difficult you make it to steal your Tiny House RV, the less likely a thief will bother.

4). Hide a GPS Tracker

Purchase a GPS tracker and hide it somewhere on your trailer. This way, if your Tiny is stolen, you can easily retrieve it.

Tiny House Theft

5). Make your Hitch Inaccessible

If you have access to a trailer dolly, such as this one,  it’s a good idea to maneuver your Tiny into a parking spot where it is impossible to fit a tow vehicle. For example, you can place your hitch against a wall, fence or tree. *Disclaimer: Make sure your dolly can handle the weight (and tongue weight) of your Tiny House RV*

Video Player

00:00

00:00

Video courtesy of: TravelValet 

6). Install Home Security Systems

Similar to a regular home, you can place security lights and cameras around the perimeter of your parking spot. You can also hang signs that say: “Smile you’re on camera” and install alarm systems on your door. The amount of home security systems you should install is dependent on your parking location and personal preference.

7). Alert Your Neighbors

Tell your neighbors if you are leaving town. If they see someone lurking around your Tiny House RV while you are away, they can alert you or call the police.

BONUS TIP! When all else fails: have Insurance.

With a RVIA certified Tumbleweed, it’s easy to get insurance for your Tiny House RV. Find out why the RVIA certification is so important.

Do you have security tips? Share them in the comments!

Jenna BioJenna Spesard built a custom Tiny House RV in 2014 and traveled with it for one year, clocking over 25,000 miles. Today she lives simply in Mt. Hood Tiny House Village and writes about the Tiny House Movement and travel on her blog: “Tiny House Giant Journey.”

June 25, 2019 9:10 AM MDT

Clothes-strophobic 
      June 24, 2019 1:23 PM MDT