Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Choose wisely: Velcro or magnetic?

Choose wisely: Velcro or magnetic?

~

Posted - June 24, 2019

Responses

Well, since you didn't specify on what item, I'll go with magnetic.  A couple of years ago, the Army decided to change their uniforms to close with Velcro never giving thought to the fact that if you are hiding from the enemy, you don't want them to hear you ripping open your pockets and giving away your position.  Millions of dollars wasted and then the new uniforms came out.  
      June 24, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

If it's on my bike and I'll be going over a bump, I'll take velcro please.  If it is something for self defense, I'll take magnetic.  
      June 24, 2019 9:36 AM MDT

In terms of the earth, magnetic.
    In terms of keeping your electric cords rolled up, velcro.

June 24, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

Neodymium magnet, please.
      June 24, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

Are you going to use those on your clothes too?  
      June 24, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

If I can find just the right one and right strength.
      June 24, 2019 10:18 AM MDT

LOL 

I wonder how much they cost? 
      June 24, 2019 10:31 AM MDT

June 24, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

I like these.

Bottle Cap Magnets

Bottle Cap Magnets - A homey take on the traditional locket...bottle caps inset with small pictures. Can also be used as magnetic thumbtacks.Visit Our Pinterest Page For A Bunch Of Great DIY Magnet Projects
    Visit Our Pinterest Page For A Bunch Of Great DIY Magnet Projects

Displaying 1 to 9 (of 9 products)

Model Number   Product Name   Price Range   Buy Now   Magnet Pole Detector-Identifier-Tester For All Magnets
    Click For Full Description, Wholesale Quantity Discounts and to Buy

A-POLE-1  Magnet Pole Detector-Identifier-Tester For All Magnets 
    Magnetic Pole Detector - Identifier - Tester
    $16.49 

June 24, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

How can you choose between these when they don't work the same.  Not remotely.

Pepsi or Coke?  the same

Velcro and magnets?  No.
      June 24, 2019 10:11 AM MDT

Classic Coke, magnets.
    Diet Pepsi, velcro.
    They are not quite the same.

Mineral water, vacuum. 
      June 24, 2019 10:27 AM MDT

You are cheating.  NO way is diet anything mentioned.  I hate that swill.

If I handed you a glass of ice and pepsi or coke you would never tell the diff unless it was in the bottle.  

It's fizzy, cola-flavored and sweet.  

Velcro could never be used as a magnet and maybe magnets could do some of the Velcro job, but not quite adequately. 

Imaging velcroing your refrigerator magnets to the fridge.  What do we call them now, Refrigerator Velcros?
      June 24, 2019 10:44 AM MDT

AAhhh HA!  Yes I would!
    Over a glass of ice, anything diet is much sweeter and flat. A fake sweet at that.
    Over a glass of ice, a Classic Coke would not only clean your insides but leave a syrupy feeling a Diet Pepsi does not.  It makes you want to clear your throat. Ewww. It doesn't leave that dry feeling.  Neither are good for you.
    The orginal coke has many gruesome downfalls but many attributes as well. For example, cleaning the chrome on your Harley! ;) 
    Diet is such a bad, bad, bad plan to drink at any time.  I should know.  I tried living on vivrian and Diet Pepsi for a number of schooling years.  What an idiot.  You would think I was smarter than that. I was.  It was the rebellion and self-destruct mode that took hold I couldn't resist.
    A velcro magnet? I have a huge smile!
    I am going to try that.  I seperate blank blocks of magnets in the cupboard over the dryer. I also have a roll of velcro.
    I am going to superglue some velcro to one of our magnets. Hmmm. 
    I think the magnet would be better on the fridge. Velcro is much better for guys flies on swim trunks.  A lot better for boys and guys who manscape. ;) 
    But, here nor there, velcro would win in this battle.
    It seems we have a tie.  Magnets for refrigerators and velcro for guys and their flies.
    Have you seen the magnet idea as claps for jewelry?  How do you feel about those?

*** Mineral water is better if you like the bubbles.  I do!*** This post was edited by Merlin at June 24, 2019 1:55 PM MDT
      June 24, 2019 12:36 PM MDT

(P.s.  I am not YELLING or even serious.  This is how I talk.  I am trying to be silly, please take it that way?)

I'm not going any further.  BECAUSE?  As Ayn Rand once said quoting Aristotle:  You need to check your premises before you answer.  You will find that one of them is WRONG.

WHY CAN'T YOU READ WHAT I am saying?  AM I THAT UNCLEAR?  I hate DIET PEPSI OR COKE OR ANYTHING>

You just went on and on and I didn't even say that.  I said if you had Pepsi or Coke you won't know the difference. NO DIET.  STOP THAT. WE ALREADY ESTABLISHED NO DIET IN THIS MIX.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 24, 2019 1:55 PM MDT
      June 24, 2019 12:39 PM MDT

How about a new necklace with a small crystal that chooses you, surrounded by a lovely hemp string, to surround you and your chakra with glowing energy and light?

A glass of ginger iced tea with home grown lemons off the tree up the street from me, and a touch of honey straight from the comb?
    Ahhhh.  I feel better.  How about you? 
    Hugs and loves!  I've gotta run but thanks for being here.  Your aura shines brilliantly. 
      June 24, 2019 12:51 PM MDT

You and I could never live next-door in our tiny houses.  We would never stop talking.  LOLOLOLOL

Oh my GODEDESS, that sounds SO amazing.  You took a "drink" and changed it to "ambrosia".

June 24, 2019 12:55 PM MDT

It's this AVATAR. No one can SEE ME. That is why I have to talk so LOUD.

RANDY  RANDY  RANDY??

Here's my answer.....
      June 24, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

I'll take magnets...Velcro is a rip off.

June 24, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

Gee... that's a tough one. ...
    Hmmm ...

...  nope, I'm stuck. 
      June 24, 2019 4:17 PM MDT