Discussion » Statements » What is required to label something as a "CLASSIC"? Whether in literature/design/anything at any time? What does "CLASSIC" mean to YOU?

What is required to label something as a "CLASSIC"? Whether in literature/design/anything at any time? What does "CLASSIC" mean to YOU?

Posted - June 27, 2019

Responses

• Whether cars, art or music, the term classic is used when nostalgia sets in for it.
      June 27, 2019 8:36 AM MDT

'classic' is a term applied to any artform that stands the test of time........is enjoyed by people for many many years.......at least that's what I think it means....

GWTW is classic as it's a classic love/survival story...........most, NOT ALL 'classical' music can be enjoyed today for its melody, etc......novels from the 18th & 19th century are still enjoyed today....just good storytelling & great writing, which never goes out of style........

anyone else have a definition?  would love to hear it........

October 17, 2019 8:14 AM MDT

There are some cars that are defined as "CLASSIC". They are always older cars. But not all older cars are "CLASSIC" so I was wondering what makes one car a classic and another car not? I love classical music. Classy cars (Lamborghini f'r instance). Classy people. Audrey Hepburn comes to mind. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to you ben! :)
      October 18, 2019 4:02 AM MDT

Timeless. A Rolls is classier than a Lambo, which is often a sign of a mid-life crisis. Class is often understated. Subdued. Think black tie rather than the kind of flashy suits Elton John used to wear.
      October 18, 2019 4:15 AM MDT