Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » Are you a witch? Have you ever known someone who professes to be a witch? Do you even believe in the power of witchcraft?

Are you a witch? Have you ever known someone who professes to be a witch? Do you even believe in the power of witchcraft?

Posted - June 27, 2019

Responses

No.
    No.

If you refer to spells and charms ... Nope.
    If you refer to the use of herbs and poultices ... Sure.
      June 27, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

Why? Do you profess to be a witch or warlock? 
      June 27, 2019 11:23 AM MDT

• No.  I don't.  I am a Christian and would never profess to be such, or attempt to practice any dark art.  Are you a sorceress?
      June 27, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

You know nothing about witchcraft if you think we do dark.  NEVER.

We practice white magic. White magic is prayer energy.  

Do you think praying for healing of the Earth in a circle with fellow "PAGANS" who believe all religions come from the ONE source is any different than Jesus saying GOD is the one source?

We pray.  We pray alone and together and we pray for good ONLY.  

NO creepy things. NO juuu juuu. We find a form of GOD and pray to the symbol of what that represents.  

SO DO NOT BE A DUMB CHRISTIAN. BE AN AWARE FILLED WITH CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS CHRISTIAN.  READ AND OPEN YOUR EYES and join your brothers and sisters in prayer.  We celebrate creation.  We don't kill babies to get power, and we certainly do not worship SATAN.  FAKE NEWS. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 15, 2019 4:26 PM MDT
      June 27, 2019 11:31 AM MDT

No I am not, I too am a Christian. 
      June 27, 2019 2:29 PM MDT

In the US we have freedom of and FROM religion. 

Christian's have been doing a rather lousy job running this country. Maybe we need to give it off to Satanists, Pagans, or Muslims. Just Saying

June 27, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

That is a very irresponsible statement. 
      June 27, 2019 2:30 PM MDT

Why?

There is a seperation of Church & State in the US.
    We are not a moonotheistic country.
    Anyone...ANYONE can be president regardless of their faith (or lack of).

I'll refine my earlier comment to be a bit more granular by saying that an atheist would be a PERFECT president. No allegiance to any single faith or God; just to the people and the country.

Now, you can provide me with an explanation for your comment that my statments was "irresponsible". 
    Why were my comments "irresponsible"? Because you didn't like it?
    This post was edited by Jon at June 28, 2019 10:05 AM MDT
      June 27, 2019 5:20 PM MDT

• The problem is that, yes we have many in power who profess to be Christian, but Christians are no different than anyone else in their ability to be deceived.  They may illuminate themselves and their work with a false light and prostitute the name of Jesus Christ to further their own agendas but at the end of the day it is not their proclamation of Christianity alone that defines them but rather their actions.  Their piety and lack of humility causes them to be unable or unwilling to admit, that they too may be unwittingly doing the devil's handiwork, but I assure you none of us are beyond his corruption.  Substituting Satanists, Pagans, Muslims, or anyone else in place of affluentential Christians is unlikely to change a thing.  Which is a sad commentary on Christianity or at least the pretense of such.  God is still in control.  His plan will unfold perfectly.  In the meantime Satan has also come down in great wrath knowing that his time is short and his sole purpose is to destroy.  He has a firm grasp on the governments of this world.  The entertainment industry.  And yes even the theological world of faith.  We should never look to the world to save us but instead we should guard our own hearts, look out for one another, and keep our eyes and hearts firmly focused on that which is true and good.  Their is a light in the darkness.  It comes from Heaven.  Not Washington D.C.  
      June 27, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

Well said.  I agree
      June 27, 2019 5:30 PM MDT

I am a sanctified (funny name for it) witch.   I am still an ordained witch and I am a healer.  I am not evil. I am very much a follower of Jesus.  

I am in the Order of the Fellowship of Isis.  

I have studied Wicca intensely for a few years and attended circles.  It was GREAT. I love the energy.  BUT....Wiccans come from all types of beliefs and types of people.  And I would pull energy in from the WRONG people sometimes and get sick.  So, I stopped.  

I was a practicing solitary witch for some years.  Then the Goddess pointed me to Satya Sai Baba.  Now I follow Sai Baba who represents ALL beliefs.  He is the Goddess and the God. He is the Divine Mother/Father.

So, I am a Hindu witch and it is not a compromise nor a contradiction.  They are identical belief systems. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 1, 2019 12:43 PM MDT
      June 27, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

• I find this fascinating.  I really do which is why I asked the question.  I must admit I have very limited knowledge about the subject but I had a friend at one time who dabbled in Wiccan practices.
      June 27, 2019 11:30 AM MDT

Oh yeah. I grew up just as you are doing. I asked questions about life and death on a daily basis, practically.  You will find your way. I'm sure you have already, but there are different ways we can express what we see and think and feel and this way, for me, loving and appreciating God in his Creator form is what Wicca is all about to me.  That form is the Goddess.  Some witches believe that is the ONLY form.  Just like Christians believe GOD and Jesus are the only forms.  That is where I part ways with my Christian roots.  GOD, to me, is all forms.  We are God. That was Jesus' message to me.  "What I have done, you can do, and MORE" is the basic message Jesus imparted to us.  

We are all part and parcel of God.  He is the ocean and we are the drops.  So, no matter what you believe, you are right.  GOD IS.  Period.

Fellowship of Isis

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
    This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. Please help improve it by removing promotional content and inappropriate external links, and by adding encyclopedic content written from a neutral point of view. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)

Fellowship of Isis logo, Aset Shemsu: retinue of Aset

The Fellowship of Isis (FOI) is an international spiritual organisation devoted to promoting awareness of the Goddess. It is dedicated specifically to the Egyptian goddess Isis because the FOI co-founders believed Isis best represented the energies of the dawning Aquarian Age. The FOI is a multi-faith, multi-racial, and multi-cultural organisation, and despite worshipping pagan deities, does not consider itself to be a Neopagan faith.

History[edit]

The FOI was founded at Huntington Castle, Co. Carlow, Ireland at the Vernal Equinox of 1976. The three co-founders were Olivia Robertson[1] and her brother, Lawrence Durdin-Robertson (grandchildren of Thomas Herbert Robertson) and Lawrence's wife Pamela. Their aim was to create a fellowship to "help the Goddess actively in the manifestation of Her divine plan." Olivia has described Isis as "God in female form." The FOI grew out of a "working group" created in 1963 called the Huntington Castle Centre for Meditation and Study. This Centre was active in gathering together various occult and theological figures such as Ross Nichols, Josephine and Mohun Lall, and Gerald Gough. The experiences shared within this group, along with the personal spiritual revelations and experiences of the three FOI co-founders led to the eventual founding of the Fellowship of Isis on the Vernal Equinox, 1976. From 1976 until the early 1990s, the group steadily grew.

In August 1993, the Fellowship of Isis was represented at the Parliament of the World's Religions at Chicago by Olivia Robertson and other member delegates. It is the first time that the Religion of the Goddess has been acknowledged as a world faith at this Parliament.[2] The Parliament "became a showcase for the new religions in America, especially since mainstream Christianity was much underrepresented . . . Two feminist neopagan groups, the Covenant of the Goddess and the Fellowship of Isis, were among the sponsors of the parliament."[3]

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 27, 2019 11:40 AM MDT
      June 27, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

I believe is WICCA which is where the term "Witch" comes from. I've known many and continue to do so.  Pagansims is deep within US and American culture more so thatn the devout Christian may want people to believe.

My ex-wife was Wicca...
      June 27, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

Yes, and like Christians there are many wonderful representatives and many that do not know there a$$es from holes in the ground.  I'm sure you can tell the difference.    The ones that try and impress you with their "knowledge"  RUN away, far and FAST.  

June 27, 2019 11:43 AM MDT

I know a witch she is under 5  feet tall and weighs 90 pounds but I would tick off a burly biker before I ticked  her off. Once her crazy father cut an addition off the back of her house then sold it and he also sold his house and bought a RV. When she caught up with him and demanded compensation he said sorry I spent all the money on a RV and were going to travel Canada and live on the road. She said - well tonight the bears are going to pay you a visit and that night well her mother and father were sleeping 2 bears paid them a visit. The bears rocked the RV and put a million dents in it then one bear opened the RV door and gave the father the evil eye. The next day the father drove back and paid his daughter for the addition. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 1, 2019 12:43 PM MDT
      June 27, 2019 12:22 PM MDT

Short Answer
    I don't believe in the power of witchcraft. I believe in the power of people. People can manifest energy (good or bad). Some do it via witchcraft. Others do it via prayer. Others do it with meditation. The medium doesn't matter. It's all about the mind and focusing one's intentions.

Long Answer
    I was a witch for more than a decade. Probably closer to two. I was attracted to it in junior high, quite possibly because it did have mysterious qualities and I fancied myself as a bit of a rebel at the time. Back then, I was all into the idea of spellcasting. I remember my BFF and I would do all sorts of oddball things, like spells to have good luck during tests and to heal wounds. We also did protection spells to stop people from bullying us, but it was all very childlike, really. And, it was all very pure.  

By the time I hit my late teens, I became more interested in the actual religious roots of what I was doing. Then, I started studying paganism and Wicca. I became a very active solo practitioner, observing the holidays and having full moon rituals. I found it much easier to believe in multiple gods and goddesses than to believe in a singular omnipotent god. Multiple gods with dueling agendas could explain the state of the world to me in a way I could relate. 

Totally by chance, I started dating a guy and realized AFTER we were dating that he was also a witch. I ultimately ended up marrying him and a huge part of that was because we shared the same religion. Male witches are somewhat of a rarity to begin with and I only personally know two who are straight. lol 

He and I often did our full moon rituals and such together. I raised my oldest son as a witch. He's agnostic now. Anyway, we did family rituals and stuff. We did a family trip to Salem as well. I was never ever into the darker side, but my ex was. I was part of a coven for a while and even became a high priestess as well as an ordained minister. I was very much a traditionalist. I followed the rule of three, which essentially states that anything you do will come back to you threefold. If you do bad things, expect bad things to happen to you. I also followed the Wiccan Rede: "An' ye harm none, do what ye will." This was more or less my guide for everything back then and it still is. I was performing handfasting ceremonies (weddings) for the LGBT community way way way before that was even a thing. We're talking like as early as the early 2000s. (Ok, the LGBT community was always a thing, but performing handfasting ceremonies at a time when everyone was still closeted in an era of "don't ask, don't tell" was fairly progressive.)

I don't remember when my personal shift happened. Maybe my late 20s or early 30s... anyway, at some point, I realized I didn't believe in most of what I was doing. Some of that might have been similar to what Sharonna experienced. Being part of a coven has its drawbacks. Nobody in my group was dark that I'm aware of, but some of them believed in faeries and such, to the point they'd leave them snacks and worship them too. That caused me to pull away from the group. It was all too crazy for me. And, then, little by little, I let go of most of the pagan beliefs I had. 

It kind of left me as a bit of a unique duck, spiritually speaking. I saw the power of what could happen when magik was afoot, especially in groups, but I attribute it to the individuals involved, not any kind of god or goddess. I think humans are remarkable beings with amazing capabilities, whether that manifests itself in the power of prayer or a ritual circle. It's not about the religion or even the rituals performed. It's more about willing things to happen. Building positivity around you and living with intention. Acting with intention. It can be likened to believing in yourself. And this, I could actually back up with tons of scientific studies, but when people believe they can do things, be it generate cash or score well on a test, they usually do. When people have biases against themselves and negative thought processes, they can't succeed. The human mind is incredible. I'm not sure where I sit on the topic of manifestation because I have seen that work too-- in ways that cannot be explained by science-- when the person trying to manifest something has no control over the outcome. Is it luck? Is it positive energy? I don't know. But, I also think there's something to that as well and I don't believe it's unique to Wicca.
      June 27, 2019 2:31 PM MDT

• yes actually, i consider myself a solitary eclectic witch. i dont talk about it here much tho because you know, some people here are rude and annoying and i dont NEED that negative ENERGY
      June 27, 2019 2:58 PM MDT

June 27, 2019 3:10 PM MDT

No, but I once knew a guy who after a significant amount of time confided to me that he had been born on Venus.

That was the last time he got a chance to say anything to me.
      June 27, 2019 3:14 PM MDT

I consider myself to be a heathen (no religion at all) but I have two people in my immediate family who are witches.  One of them is my husband and the other one is one of my cousins (my mom's brother's daughter).  Witchcraft is something my husband does all on his own.  He's not part of a coven or anything.  He basically keeps it to himself so he doesn't tell a whole lot of people about it.  My cousin is a Wiccan and she gets together with other Wiccans.

It seems to work for the people who practice it so that's what's important.

June 27, 2019 3:32 PM MDT

Witches I have known seem to be desperately looking for something in their lives to feel good about themselves, to empower them.  Aren't we all? Perhaps that does it for them.  No never had any interest in witchcraft.  Never seemed very interesting to me. 
      July 3, 2019 5:13 AM MDT

I am not particularly religious at all though from a somewhat nominally Anglican background; but one of my past girl-friends and her sister and brother-in-law were Wiccans and may still be for all I know; and another friend now, is a Wiccan priestess.

This gave me something of an insight into what otherwise I might have heard of from well-meaning attackers, or book-covers in knick-knack shops around Glastonbury or Tintagel!

I saw then and still see the religion itself as a harmless, simple, slightly fey nature-worship that horrifies some Christians (or "Christians" perhaps) apparently for being a highly alternative belief to theirs, and that worships a female deity.

I did though discover that Wicca attracts a fringe of rather eccentric (though still harmless) types who swoon over whale-"songs", bits of quartz, astrological charts, stone-circles, Glastonbury myths and such-like: real or imaginary props of little or no connection to Wicca itself but bolstering these people's own love of the arcane.

Trying to explain the real props' actual natures won't get you anywhere. As far as their believers go, whales "sing" operatically, quartz radiates undefined "energy", the Druids built Stonehenge on ley-lines; and if one planet happens to appear close to some random group of stars great things will happen! None of it is Wicca. None of it is of any religion at all; but still held nearly as deeply as any rabidly fundamentalist religiosity. Except that Wiccans or the Glastonbury "Tor-ists" don't try to bully others into following them. 

++++

[The reality of those? Whales' squawks, grunts and shrieks sound musical to us thanks only to reverberation. The Quartz myth may be from knowing without understanding, of its piezoelectric property. The Druids long post-date Stonehenge, and left no evidence they used it for anything. Ley-lines are a romantic fiction easy in a country like England, due to the sheer number and variety of sacred sites of all ages, within geographically compact areas. Astrology is entertaining but the stars' and planets' apparent patterns are chance line-of-sight effects, and they exert no influence on us at all. Glastonbury Tor is surrounded by myths and legends - but few or none have any factual or logical basis.]
      August 15, 2019 5:18 PM MDT