Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "If we could have determined the president was NOT GUILTY we would have said so". What does that mean to you?

"If we could have determined the president was NOT GUILTY we would have said so". What does that mean to you?

I expect the prodons read that as meaning the prez is not guilty. That is the level of their comprehension.

Actually what that says is that he is guilty but cannot be charged because he is a sitting president. Mueller said the latter part. He cannot be charged because he is a sitting president. He expects folks to understand that guilt it obvious but not chageable due to some cockmamie wackadoodle rule. Not in the Constitution. Why do we apply something not in the Constitution as if it is unassailable? Anyone know?

The prodons will NEVER concede that to be true. The prodons cling to the billybarr version of deceitful denial and outright lying. May they all one day see the error of their ways. And may they all one day ever after suffer for it.

Posted - June 29, 2019

Responses

Then he is going to have to explain to Congress why he told Barr in front of witnesses that the DOJ memo was not the reason he could not make a determination on obstruction. This post was edited by my2cents at June 30, 2019 5:30 PM MDT
      June 30, 2019 5:29 PM MDT

He made a determination.  He merely said he couldn't bring charges against a sitting president.  He didn't say there wasn't evidence of obstruction.  
      June 30, 2019 8:16 PM MDT

No, he did not. He said "If we had had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the President did commit a crime."

Mueller's job was not to prove innocence. That is never the job of any prosecutor. And supposedly there are witnesses to his statement that the DOJ memo was not the reason he could not make a determination. 
    He is going to testify maybe he will clarify...but I think he will stonewall. 
      June 30, 2019 8:52 PM MDT

"Between longstanding Justice Department policy and the belief that it would unfair to indict a president, Mueller said he and his team “concluded that we would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime."  

There is a difference between did not and would not reach a conclusion.  Mueller concluded the reason they would not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime because of the longstanding policy of the Justice Department.

Once again, you are missing the nuance here.
    This post was edited by SpunkySenior at June 30, 2019 9:49 PM MDT
      June 30, 2019 9:48 PM MDT

Then as I said he can explain which he means as he has made different statements about his decision (or lack of decision) and there are witnesses to the claims. He has much to explain. 
      July 1, 2019 7:01 AM MDT

Let's wait and see what his testimony looks like.
      July 1, 2019 7:09 AM MDT

Rosenstein’s memo tasked Mueller with investigating “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” as well as “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

Rosenstein said at the time that his decision was based on the unique circumstances of the situation. He said that the “public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command.”

Mueller followed the DOJ position that a sitting president would not be indicted; therefore it was entirely appropriate that Mueller would issue a full report on everything that he found---including what he could reasonably infer was probably done as well as what possible illegalities that may well have been committed.

Mueller's position is that only the Congress can remove a sitting president. He gave all the conclusions he could reach to Congress to proceed if and when they wished.

And then Barr shite on the report.  
      June 30, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

It means he is unable to CHARGE the jerk.

It means there might be a CRACK for the roach to crawl through.  THIS COURT IS NOT PREPARED TO ROLL BACK THE TIDE OF HISTORY.  SUBPOENAS MUST BE OBEYED.

We have to make sure we have JUDGES who rule by LAW and not by TRUMP.  We have to make CERTAIN we do not have ONE MORE YEAR of this CROOK.  NOT ONE MORE DAY than is necessary to get rid of him for GOOD and DONE.  

Mueller KNOWS that TRUMP will do ANYTHING to thwart this report.  HE NEEDS THE BACKING OF CONGRESS.  HE NEEDS THEM.  

He also needs to testify.  We also NEED Bob Reiner to reach America by directing actors to act out and  read the Mueller Report AND THEN?  We need to proceed with live witnesses after Mueller testifies and make them SPEAK TO AMERICA.  Hope Hicks and the rest of these clowns.

THEN?  We need to lock him UP. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 30, 2019 12:20 PM MDT
      June 30, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

I am truly sorry that so many people are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome that they are incapable of or unwilling to understand standard American English or the most basic tenet in American law that a person is considered innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law.

The Mueller Special Counsel was comprised almost exclusively of liberal Democrat lawyers who had donated to the Democrat Party, Hillary Clinton, or both. The Mueller Special Counsel was created in such a way as to ensure the take-down of, a Coup D'etat against, President Donald Trump -- and they were unable to find sufficient proof of his guilt, or Mueller would have come right out and said that he had obstructed justice rather than use the tortured and twisted language he used in his report. I really do feel sorry for everyone so suffering.

I will feel even more sorry in 2020 when Donald Trump kick's Democrat gluteus maximus again. Please, make sure you have plenty of Duct Tape handy to prevent all of your heads from exploding. This post was edited by Lickitysplit at July 1, 2019 3:48 PM MDT
      July 1, 2019 3:47 PM MDT

I usually associate Trump Derangement Syndrome with the minority that voted for Trump. 

Derangement is the state of being mentally ill and unable to think or act in a controlled way.     

And I remember that old guy on the internet  that said he voted for Trump because Trump had declared bankruptcy so frequently that the old guy was sure Trump must know an awful lot about business.

[It's hard (and ultimately useless) to argue with conclusions like that.]
      July 5, 2019 12:42 PM MDT