Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Soon I'll be singing the Fuget About It theme song with my son.

Soon I'll be singing the Fuget About It theme song with my son.

15 years ago our youngest son had to get off the Rock (Vancouver Island) so he moved to Saskatchewan but soon he will be moving back to BC were he belongs. Fuget About It is a pretty funny cartoon - I copied and pasted the theme below and it's sung with a Brooklyn mob family type of accent. Cheers! 

Let me tell you something 'bout a friend of ours-a named Jimmy,
A made-a wise guy and a capo with the Gambini.
But when he found out that they’d be whackin’ uncle Cheech,
He take-a the boss, he threw him from the nineteenth floor suite!
Wasn’t much-a long 'til the mob all wants him dead,
So Jimmy had no choice-a but to talk-a to all the Feds.
The feds-a say they had to take him, use him as a pawn
So he ratted out his friends and moved to Saskatchewan.
Fugget About It,
Fugget About It,
Fugget About It,
Oh, FUGGET ABOUT IT!

Posted - June 30, 2019

Responses

Nan Nan Nan

I seriously thought that FUGET was some waterway like Puget.  

I thought this was a play on some waterway.

It's Fageedaboudit.

I should know.  I am Itallian and all.

Or is it fah ged aboud it?

You can see why this gets confusing.   And I totally love and admire and am behind the point of that song.  FER SURE.  AND CHEERS!

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 30, 2019 12:22 PM MDT
      June 30, 2019 12:21 PM MDT

Well you can find episodes of Fuget About It on youtube  it's a funny cartoon series and I highly recommend it. Going to add that when our youngest son left the nest his dream was to move to Alberta and become the Worlds first Break dancing Rodeo clown  - so glade that didn't  work out and he wound up in Saskatchewan. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 30, 2019 12:39 PM MDT
      June 30, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

Oh. I KNEW you spelled it that way for a reason.  There IS no right way. I was joking.  

I suggest a tad of Indica to calm that son of yours down just a teeny bit.  CHEERS!

He sounds like an adrenaline junky to me.  Hope he finds something safe to funnel all that energy.  I wish I had about half of it. 
      June 30, 2019 1:24 PM MDT

He settled down years ago - found himself a good gal who fixed his chuck wagon. He built himself up a good work history in Saskatchwan now he has a good job waiting for him in BC that pays 28 dollars an hour.  His wife is a health care nurse so she has a job waiting too. As much as I can't wait to see them I also can't wait to see their dogs they have a couple of those Mexican dogs - cool little dogs. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      June 30, 2019 2:40 PM MDT