Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Does anyone else love to eat cold prunes?

Does anyone else love to eat cold prunes?

my favorite fruit, I think, if I had to choose one

I've liked them ever since I was a young boy

:)

Image result for prunes

Posted - July 3, 2019

Responses

It's an either/or kind of thing with me.
      July 3, 2019 12:17 PM MDT

I like that way of looking at it.
    Thanks, Zack!
      July 3, 2019 12:21 PM MDT

You're welcome.
      July 3, 2019 12:39 PM MDT

They are loaded with nutrition.  

I would eat them, but they are not my go-to fruit.  

I eat a lot berries and bananas myself.  
      July 3, 2019 12:19 PM MDT

Funny -- as much as I like prunes, I don't eat very many of them. I really should (even though I try not to "should" myself). I love the taste.

I eat way more apples than prunes, actually, though.
      July 3, 2019 12:22 PM MDT

I don't think you need to eat a lot.  I think you need to do it often.  A few a day would be really good. I'm going to get some.  
      July 3, 2019 12:33 PM MDT

Thanks for that info tidbit.
    I think I'll keep them around more often, too.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 3, 2019 1:14 PM MDT
      July 3, 2019 1:13 PM MDT

I like prunes.  When we were kids, my mom would heat them up and add a little heavy cream to the juice and we'd have them with breakfast.
      July 3, 2019 12:30 PM MDT

That sounds good to me.

I like drinking ice-cold prune juice, too.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 3, 2019 1:18 PM MDT
      July 3, 2019 1:14 PM MDT

I like prune juice, too, but it has a lot of sugar so I try not to have it too often.
      July 3, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

Oh, darn - - I hadn't thought of the sugar content. No wonder it tastes so good.
      July 3, 2019 1:23 PM MDT

Fruit juice is generally a bad idea.  First of all never buy the concentrates.  Those are heated and stored for months and months.  

Best to do fresh-squeezed and as Spunky mentioned, in moderation.  

Fructose is sugar, yes, but it aligns itself with the other contents in the water-based package and it works the right way.  

I would not recommend a diet of just fruit, but there are people who only eat fruit.  My body would not be happy if I did that one.

If you are overweight and want to lose, you have to be careful on how you eat fruit, but I have lost tons of weight on fruit instead of snacks.  They burn off what you eat and sometimes more. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 3, 2019 1:33 PM MDT
      July 3, 2019 1:26 PM MDT

Thanks.
      July 3, 2019 1:29 PM MDT

I just read your juice thing and commented about how that makes a HUGE difference.  I agree with you.  

Fruit juice is not like eating a piece of fruit.  LOADED with sugar, you're right.
      July 3, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

Last week I bought the prunes because they were on sale. Eating them reminded me of how much I like them. I could eat apples and prunes. I think, and see how things go (I already eat one apple a day) - -  my weight is good already. And I wouldn't want to eat just fruit. But I could benefit from eating more fruit.

July 3, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

I like 'em stewed so they are soft and add them to my oatmeal. 
      July 3, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

The heat kills the good in them.  
      July 3, 2019 12:33 PM MDT

I don't heat them, just have them soaked in water. Guess I should have said 'soaked prunes'.
      July 3, 2019 12:42 PM MDT

BEAUTIFUL.  I am so relieved.

Enzyme Nutrition. Starting in the 1930’s Dr. Edward Howell conducted 55 years of scientific research on humans on the subject of raw foods and enzyme depletion caused by eating cooked food over a lifetime. His groundbreaking studies revealed that enzymes are the catalysts for all biological processes and that life cannot exist without them. He also discovered that while raw, living foods are teaming with enzymes that cooking completely destroys them due to their sensitivity to heat. Enzymes within any given food make the digestion of that food possible. Eating cooked food not only denatures the food but also forces the body to steal metabolic enzymes in an attempt to digest the enzyme depleted food.  Dr. Howell was able to make a direct correlation between eating enzyme depleted cooked food and the onset of chronic degenerative disease in humans. Dr. Howell’s conclusion – many if not all, degenerative diseases that humans suffer and die from are caused by the excessive use of enzyme-deficient cooked and processed foods.
      July 3, 2019 12:47 PM MDT

That is fascinating. I never heard of this, except, "in general," about cooked foods (if that makes any sense).
      July 3, 2019 1:17 PM MDT

It makes tons of sense. Because there are tons of schools of thought on the subject.  

Here's how you need to read it.  You need to understand why the cooked people are all pro cooked food, and you will always learn that there is some money involved.  Of course it is good for you, says every manufacturer of cooked food.  

???
      July 3, 2019 1:28 PM MDT

• I'm kind of repulsed.
    But that's ok.
    I like to eat freeze dried green beans.
    Sometimes called string beans.
    They're great.  Flash freezes the nutrients in.
    But mostly raw cookie dough.
    Because yum.
      July 3, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

YOU HATE ANYTHING THAT IS HEALTHY.

You need to plan a trip to a Health Institute and get diagnosed.

Spend a month there.  Learn why you need to eat something with NUTRIENTS.  You have lost all taste bud ability.  Your stomach is all tied up with your taste buds.  Real food has become repulsive to ya.  

Enzyme Nutrition. Starting in the 1930’s Dr. Edward Howell conducted 55 years of scientific research on humans on the subject of raw foods and enzyme depletion caused by eating cooked food over a lifetime. His groundbreaking studies revealed that enzymes are the catalysts for all biological processes and that life cannot exist without them. He also discovered that while raw, living foods are teaming with enzymes that cooking completely destroys them due to their sensitivity to heat. Enzymes within any given food make the digestion of that food possible. Eating cooked food not only denatures the food but also forces the body to steal metabolic enzymes in an attempt to digest the enzyme depleted food.  Dr. Howell was able to make a direct correlation between eating enzyme depleted cooked food and the onset of chronic degenerative disease in humans. Dr. Howell’s conclusion – many if not all, degenerative diseases that humans suffer and die from are caused by the excessive use of enzyme-deficient cooked and processed foods. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 3, 2019 1:18 PM MDT
      July 3, 2019 12:47 PM MDT

Yeah, being repulsed  -- it's OK. I've noticed, sort of, in general, how prunes are sort of looked at at times as sort of a joke- - they make you poop and stuff like that. I just love the taste!

I like most kinds of beans, too. I don't think I've had freeze dried ones, though.
      July 3, 2019 1:20 PM MDT