Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Does your state offer "Choose Life/Pro Life" licence plates for vehicles? Muggers outside the U.S.A. - Does your country offer that?

Does your state offer "Choose Life/Pro Life" licence plates for vehicles? Muggers outside the U.S.A. - Does your country offer that?

Posted - July 4, 2019

Responses

They make it sound so innocent.  WE LOVE LIFE.  

What they don't say is the REAL MESSAGE:  IF you don't choose our way of LIFE, you will be locked up or worse.  
      July 4, 2019 12:57 PM MDT

In Australia, there are laws against directly guilt-tripping or harassing women seeking legal abortions, in person or by phone or online methods.

Each state has laws against offensive registration plates on cars. The power to block a plate based on offensive or inflammatory language rests with the discretion of the Roads and Transit Authority.

A choose life or pro-life plate would probably be regarded as an ad. campaign slogan, a legitimate part of public free-speech.
    By this logic, a plate saying women's rights would pass the same test.

Although some plates are used for commercial advertising, no one here has thought of using plates for activism and politics.

The number of digits permitted on a plate is 6.

July 4, 2019 1:24 PM MDT

And you guys even speak English and everything.  Do you all need massage therapists?  I may be defecting there.  Are there any reasonable areas that are affordable to someone who makes very little?  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 4, 2019 1:38 PM MDT
      July 4, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

Yes we do. 
      July 4, 2019 1:46 PM MDT

• does the IM4IT mean they are pushing to have them or that they actually do.  I noticed New Yorks said the same thing and so did a couple of other states.
      July 4, 2019 1:58 PM MDT

They have it. IAM4IT means the person with the plate is pro-life.  It is an example of a possible plate. Because it being a specialized plate you can personalize it for no  additional cost.
    We have several special plates available. Children Fund, conservation, military, police, college, sports teams, fraternities/sororities etc.
      July 4, 2019 2:43 PM MDT

I don't think New York State offers a pro-life plate.
      July 4, 2019 1:47 PM MDT

• they do
      July 4, 2019 1:50 PM MDT

• wait.  i take that back.  i believe they are pushing for one.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 4, 2019 5:00 PM MDT
      July 4, 2019 1:56 PM MDT

I checked the motor vehicle website and didn't see it offered.  I know they are trying to get it, but not yet.
      July 4, 2019 5:01 PM MDT

They have too many lives.  They are chocking to death.
      July 4, 2019 1:50 PM MDT

i live in new Hampshire and based on what i read on line they do not have this plate here. it would kind of defeat the purpose of live free or die 
      July 4, 2019 2:30 PM MDT

my mom has a license plate that gets her into state parks for free tho so that's cool 
      July 4, 2019 2:32 PM MDT

• No.

But I think I'd get one of these -

July 4, 2019 3:18 PM MDT

• LOL!  Now that's a good one.  I need that too.
      July 4, 2019 3:24 PM MDT

Yes and no.  Non-profit organizations in my state don't get their own license plates but they can get a generic license plate that's one letter followed by four numbers that has a space on the left for the organization's logo sticker.  Funds raised by the Choose Life sticker go to the Black Hills Pregnancy Center.

This is the generic plate for non-profits:

This is the Choose Life sticker.

Here are all the other non-profits that offer special decals:

https://dor.sd.gov/Motor_Vehicles/License_Plates/Organization_Decal_Guide.aspx

You made me learn something today because I never thought about specialty license plates until you asked this question.

July 4, 2019 3:25 PM MDT

July 4, 2019 11:58 PM MDT