Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Which forum on answerMug do you most often use? Do you ever venture to other areas of the site such as, Videos, Blogs, adultMug, etc.?

Which forum on answerMug do you most often use? Do you ever venture to other areas of the site such as, Videos, Blogs, adultMug, etc.?

Posted - July 5, 2019

Responses

i wrote a really good blog post once but it didn't win blog of the week that week so i never wrote a blog again 
      July 5, 2019 7:56 PM MDT

Main section. 
      July 5, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

I am on the main section and Rosie's corner.  I don't have much interest in blogs or the adult mug.
      July 5, 2019 8:22 PM MDT

I used to blog heaps but haven't for well over a year.

In each of my previous avatars, I loved blogging.
    It was a mode of self-expression,
    and a way to test the waters of how words were received.
    The results were mixed.

Three of my blogs, though well-intentioned on my part, attracted prickly responses.
    I remember that prickly cactus Mugger vividly - a conservative type who'd left school young and ever since studiously avoided learning anything about the world beyond her direct experience. As she put it, learning about anything outside her life was "unnecessary" and "irrelevant." She seemed to focus her attacks on me - as though I was a pariah she wanted to be rid off. She succeeded. The rasp of her words on my brain felt like being dragged across a cheese grater. I left answerMug because of it.

Months later, healed, I came back in another avatar so she wouldn't recognise me,
    and I carefully avoid saying things that might attract her attention.

~

Some of my blogs attracted quite a few readers and led to good friendships.
    I have fond memories of those.

One friend, albeit naïvely not realising what he did, plagiarised one of my stories.
    He was an 68-year-old Parsee and Grand Pubar Mason living in Mumbai.
    His career had been as a writer of owners manuals for electronic products.
    His company, having paid him for his words, owned the typescripts, so copyright had never been an issue for him.
    I suspect he may have had some kind of high functioning Aspergers because he seemed incapable of understanding the feelings of his family and fellow Masons.
    I explained to him how and why plagiarism is the worst thing one can do to a writer.
    I showed him the laws, but he just couldn't see it.
    That caused me to leave aM that time around.

Nowadays, I don't post blogs because I don't want to risk my work being stolen again.

This post was edited by inky at July 6, 2019 10:50 AM MDT
      July 5, 2019 8:39 PM MDT

I can tell you that right now, I use the main forum, but I may start using the Free-For-All and AdultMug  so I have less opportunity of being "Moderated"  and that isn't even a promise I guess. 

July 6, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

• Every breath you take...I'll be watching you!!!
      July 6, 2019 9:27 AM MDT

LOL
    I'm here to tell you, Baby...

I'm Bad To The Bone
    This post was edited by Jon at July 9, 2019 1:20 PM MDT
      July 6, 2019 9:42 AM MDT

• Main section. The other sections are too wonky and limited  and there's no traffic on them.
      July 6, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

• IKR?  I wanna play in adultMug, being a bit of a slut and all, but its as if no one other than a couple of people here has sex, or talks about it much.
      July 6, 2019 9:32 AM MDT

Until quite recently, a lot of Muggers were well over fifty years old. There's been a recent influx, it seems, of younger people - still feeling their way into the site. No pun intended.
    Over 50 is when the hormones diminish gradually, inexorably - the drives and capacities weaken - it takes "cultivation" or the brain as an autoerotic generator to get the old juices stirred into action. And there are dangers - a person who's lonely and hasn't experienced love for quite some time can be exceptionally vulnerable. So may err on the side of caution and simply abstain.
    But in addition to that - there's a peculiar tightrope that I regard as uniquely heterosexual American. I think it's a by-product of the high proportion of the population who are conservative Christians. There's a very active double standard. Any woman who wants sex or love over the Net must be a slut and hence is not worthy of respect. Since the best sex is about love and love is not possible without respect - nothing is possible. There's a much quieter double standard applied by women to men - if he can't get his needs met by his wife, or if he doesn't have a partner, he can't be a good lover - double jeopardy, no way to win.
    Young people haven't learned that yet - but they're all over on Similar Worlds.

This post was edited by inky at July 6, 2019 10:50 AM MDT
      July 6, 2019 10:23 AM MDT

• OMG!

That place makes me crazy.
    I've found it to be a rather hostile environment at times
    And it lacks a warmth and sense of close community.
    I suppose answerMug feels more like family to me
    And as far as discussing sexual topics over there at the other site is concerned
    It's practically the equivalent of having sex in an abandoned truck stop rest room.
    Not that I'd really know about said activities or anything.  LOL!

As for everything else you mentioned.  Spot on.  Very good points indeed.
      July 6, 2019 10:32 AM MDT

Thank you! :)

I could easily grow to love you like a brother.

I think of Similar Worlds as the updated version of the old Experience Project.
    It has better filters for protection of members - probably enough that they will survive.

I find the topics inane and immature - nothing much to tempt me to engage.
      July 6, 2019 10:49 AM MDT