Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you think Chad Smith, drummer for Red Hot Chili Peppers, is ever confused with Will Ferrell?

Do you think Chad Smith, drummer for Red Hot Chili Peppers, is ever confused with Will Ferrell?

Image result for will ferrell  Image result for chad smith    They certainly resemble each other to me.
:)

Image result for hot male drummer

Posted - July 7, 2019

Responses

• Yeah, it's crazy that they're both the same height, as well (6'3“) but Chad Smith definitely looks older and like he's lived life harder. 

July 7, 2019 10:53 PM MDT

I didn't know about their height.

I don't know why this is so interesting to me -- to me, I am surprised no one out there has brought their resemblance up -- and/or Will and Chad appearing together for something fun. Or maybe they only look like each other in photos/images? I don't know.

I'm glad you answered. Lenina. And I appreciated Gris-gris McMuffin looking in. I thought my question here might be one of mine that would be totally ignored.
      July 8, 2019 9:35 AM MDT

• You should appreciate this, then, it's pretty hilarious :)

July 8, 2019 9:50 AM MDT

OMG
    OMG

They look EXACTLY alike!

I only got to the 0:09 mark! I have to go back to work but I'll watch later, I hope!

And, whoa!! --   they both look HOT! Ha! (Ferrell never interested me that way until I noted his resemblance to Smith, ha! And I only noted their resemblance last night)

Thanks for posting this, Lenina!

I feel like I could have agent-abilities - - my idea of getting them together was, to me, an original thought - - but it's been done already, so some other agent/s thought the same thing! Ha!

July 8, 2019 9:56 AM MDT

• You have a good eye, Welby, especially when it comes to hawt guys :) 
      July 8, 2019 10:00 AM MDT

Thanks.

Came back a second later and lots of posts here! Fun!

Yeah, some of my friends joke about my always being-on-the-look-out and noticing guys. Ha!

I still plan on watching the video later. I'll be even more impressed with Ferrell if he can also drum.
      July 8, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

What happened to  the last guy? 

1980-82: Red Hot Chili Peppers formation[edit]

Slovak (right) with Red Hot Chili Peppers bandmates Anthony Kiedis (middle) and Flea (top left) in 1987.

Slovak, Kiedis, and Flea began to create their own music after finding inspiration in a punk-funk fusion band called Defunkt.[11] The three formed a band with former Anthym-drummer Jack Irons called Tony Flow and the Miraculously Majestic Masters of Mayhem. The band had only one song, entitled "Out in L.A.", and was formed for the purpose of playing the song once.[12] The song was based on a guitar riff that Slovak wrote while "jamming" with Irons, and was not meant to become a real song until Kiedis decided to rap over the music.[13] Following the group's first show at The Rhythm Lounge, the owner of the bar asked them to return, but with two songs instead of one. After several more shows, and the addition of several songs to their repertoire, the band's name was changed to Red Hot Chili Peppers.[14]

After the band started to gain popularity amongst the L.A. club scene, Kiedis began writing more lyrics. The lyrics would eventually become songs such as "Green Heaven" and "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes", and the band's concert repertoire quickly grew to nine songs as a result of months of playing local nightclubs and bars.[15] Over the course of the next six months, the Red Hot Chili Peppers played many shows in L.A. clubs and became something of an underground hit. Slovak, Kiedis, and Flea moved into a small house in a high-crime area in Hollywood where they collaborated musically and continued their drug addictions.[16] The threesome traveled to New York City to perform more shows and to "spread Chili Pepperdom".[17] Shortly after the trip, Slovak moved out of the group's shared house to live with his girlfriend.[18]

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 8, 2019 10:11 AM MDT
      July 8, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

Thanks for this, TRUMP- Master of all DEBATERS!!! Interesting! I tried looking them up quickly - - I couldn't keep the line-up of group members straight in my head, so I don't know.
    But those three in the picture certainly grabbed my attention.
    ;)
      July 8, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

• Ha, yea these are pretty well known celebrity "twins". They have done appearances together in the past just to make fun of it. 
      July 8, 2019 10:06 AM MDT

How 'like' me - - sort of late to the party.

I never knew of this -- but they're possibly the best example of seemingly-related look-alikes!
    And I only 'discovered' them last night! Ha! This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 8, 2019 10:18 AM MDT
      July 8, 2019 10:15 AM MDT