Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » A bit of a nostalgic buzzkill today to find out that Violet died.

A bit of a nostalgic buzzkill today to find out that Violet died.

Denise Nickerson, Violet in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ Dies at 62

Posted - July 11, 2019

Responses

Whew.  

I thought you were talking about MY Violet.  But, then again, how would you know this?

My Violet is special.  She is totally INSANE and thinks TRUMP is the greatest President ever and I get the pleasure of working on her at least twice a month.  She has some weird allergy where she coughs up mucus constantly and she needs a hot stone massage and needs to tell me all about her love of Donald Trump.

Ironically, I do love this woman.  I love all my clients. I have to.  I have to care for their bodies and in order to do this correctly, you have to have total compassion for the human in the wrapping.

So, I am glad my Violet is still breathing.  While she has all her facts completely WRONG about Trump, (all TRUMP voters manage to do that one) she is an excellent mother, grandma and all around loveable person.

She is overweight but cute as a button.  Too bad she is vacant from the eyebrows upwards.  But I love her and am gald she is alive still.

I do not know the other Violet. I am sorry for your loss.  Just because someone is not physically present in our lives, they STILL affect us.  Sometimes more than we realize.

RIP VIOLET.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 11, 2019 12:03 PM MDT
      July 11, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

• Lol well geez....I'm glad your Violet is okay as well and that I haven't doomed her. 
      July 11, 2019 12:04 PM MDT

I thought the same thing!

Except I only saw the Willy Wonka movie once and didn't particularly enjoy it.
    Denise's work on the TV show "Dark Shadows" is what I remember with great fondness. She was really good!

And to her credit, Denise's part in the Willy Wonka movie is what I remember the most about the movie.
    :)

Dark Shadows - - 

Image result for denise nickerson dark shadows
      July 11, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

• Can't say I ever saw her in anything else but Willy Wonka has been a favorite of mine since childhood. 
      July 11, 2019 12:03 PM MDT

I think I would like  the movie much more if I watched it again.
    What a priceless part she played in that movie! 

i now seem to remember actor Jack Albertson (is that his name?) playing the boy's grandfather - I liked his part, too, now that I think of it. And that fun--but-somehow-creepy-to-me Oompa song or something? I need to watch that movie again, I believe! Ha!
    :)

And the main little boy himself -- he was cool character.
      July 11, 2019 12:13 PM MDT