Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What is your absolute favorite Fun Fair/ Carnival food? No healthy stuff allowed here. Only the best of the worst. Name it!

What is your absolute favorite Fun Fair/ Carnival food? No healthy stuff allowed here. Only the best of the worst. Name it!

Posted - July 16, 2019

Responses

A cinnabon smells good.  Don't think I've ever had one though.  I like the corn however. 
      July 16, 2019 10:52 AM MDT

• That corn better be breaded, deep fried, and on a stick, girl.  LOL!
      July 16, 2019 10:54 AM MDT

fried dough ugh now i want some 
      July 16, 2019 11:01 AM MDT

• I've never had fried dough.  I am intrigued.
    My imagination is now filled to overflowing with empty carbs.  LOL! 
    The minute you mentioned dough my mind went to a favorite of mine,
    chocolate chip cookie dough.  Hmmm. 
    I wonder if that is available in a deep fried option.  Yum Yum!  
      July 16, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

It's funnel cake with whipped cream and fruit on top!

July 16, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

• FRUIT?!
    Fruit you say?
    I don't know. Sounds healthy.
    That fruit better be swimming in a sopping mess
    of sugary syrup made of artificial colors and flavors if its gonna be featured at the fair.
      July 16, 2019 12:35 PM MDT

My choice, as well. :)
      July 16, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

Have never been to a funfair.

There are several types up on the Gold Coast - about two hours drive from here.
    I'm they cost at least $50 just to enter the front gate - and then patrons get slugged for every ride.
    One of them was closed four years ago. An inflatable dingy carrying four passengers got sucked under the white rapids into the bowels of the machinery. Four people died. The company was recently convicted of negligence and got out of its fines by going bankrupt.
    At another park nearby, the Big Slide froze with all passengers stuck in their seat-belts for two hours until they could "fix" the problem and bring everyone slowly back to the ground.
      July 16, 2019 12:25 PM MDT

• Thrills! Chills! And unexpected spills!

That's taking the amusement right out of the park, isn't it. I can't even begin to imagine what sort of insurance costs these places must incur. It never fails that every year I hear of some unfortunate tragedy that has unfolded at a park with wild rides. As a child I remember being fearless. The more extreme the experience, the more I craved it. Funny thing now, even though I still enjoy many of the same rides, I can't help playing out dangerous and dreadfully frightening scenarios with every swoop and turn of the vehicle I'm strapped into.

In all honesty though, I'm probably more likely to catch my death as a result of too many sodas and salty pretzels dipped in fake cheese sauce with deep fried candy bars as desert than I ever would on a Ferris Wheel or coaster run amok.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 16, 2019 5:15 PM MDT
      July 16, 2019 12:50 PM MDT

• Blooming onions 
      July 16, 2019 3:15 PM MDT

• Ahh yes.  What blooming idiot wouldn't love a blooming onion?  Mmm!  Mmm!  Mmm!
      July 16, 2019 5:26 PM MDT

Bacon-wrapped pork belly, deep fried in lard. Oink, oink. (Actually I rarely ate anything at a fair. I have never been to a carnival.)
      July 16, 2019 5:18 PM MDT