Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » how come i pet cat and then he bite

how come i pet cat and then he bite

Posted - July 18, 2019

Responses

Most cats do that. I have 2 biting cats. When they are kittens, they fight with each other, and sometimes they bite their siblings. It is actually a love thing that cats do. Make sure they are up to date with their rabies shots.
      July 18, 2019 6:58 AM MDT

•  Cats are by their nature insufferable azzholes.
      July 18, 2019 9:02 AM MDT

Means he is hungry and your fingers look like tasty morsels. Feed the cat some treats before you pet him.
      July 18, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

Every cat is unique.  Some do and some don't.  I have found the way they are handled as kittens plays a huge factor in how they treat you. 
    I've never come toward a cat with an aggressively playful hand and ruffed scratched at their belly or grabbed their heads like some people do.  I'll drag my hand on the floor sometimes to see if they will chase it but not directly hurt me.  I love cats and have mostly had lounge-lizards and easy to pick up without biting or clawing to get down.
    To finalize my thought, as I started, every cat is unique.  Some do and some don't.  You can try to detour that behavior by not acting aggresively to them but they will do whatever they feel.
    That is one of the many beauties of cats.
      July 18, 2019 11:28 AM MDT