Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » How does your beauty or (self-perceived) lack of it affect the way you relate to others?

How does your beauty or (self-perceived) lack of it affect the way you relate to others?

Posted - August 6, 2019

Responses

It doesn't. It may affect their ability to related to me.
      August 6, 2019 1:34 PM MDT

It leaves me no option but to hang around the bike sheds and grab them determinedly and invincibly when they bend down to put on their cycle-clips.
      September 10, 2019 11:35 AM MDT

I have long noticed the differences between the way others react to and interact with naturally handsome men and the way they react to and interact with me. I have never been a “Bronze Adonis” when it comes to facial features, and in situations where such men are or have been present, anyone preferring that type of look overlooks me in favor of the other choice(s). Just as beautiful women have different access and different successes in life, to certain extents, that also has its male equivalent for naturally handsome men. I have known men who had zero brains in their heads or zero character or zero talent or zero personality, yet other people fell all over themselves in adoration just because of chiseled good looks.

Now, not to be completely negative on the topic, there has been some positively favorable feedback that I have received from some women* during my lifetime for how I look. It’s been flattering, reassuring, uplifting, head-swelling, confidence-building, arousing, etc. 

So, to answer your question, I have been practically invisible to some people because of their perceptions to how I look compared to other men. 

*Let’s face it, as a heterosexual man, the importance I place on who finds me attractive lies squarely and unquiveringly with women’s opinions on facial features. There may be a smidgen of importance with how men view physique or manner of dress, but the ladies have carte blanche on the face. 
    ~

May 17, 2020 12:47 AM MDT