Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » Along with me, do you really miss lead singer of the Cranberries Dolores O'Riordan?

Along with me, do you really miss lead singer of the Cranberries Dolores O'Riordan?

I just heard "Linger" on the car radio -- what a voice.

The Cranberries  -- so good on my ears

Posted - August 14, 2019

Responses

I liked her a lot!
      August 14, 2019 10:00 AM MDT

Hi Thriftymaid,
    I was looking for this question - - I am missing her today - - and I thought I'd post a question about her today but then I thought I had asked such a question before - - and I had. Found it right here. :)

But here is what I posted to you last August but it looks like I may have posted it as a separate answer, and not as a reply to your answer. I wanted to make sure you saw it so I copied and pasted it here. :)

Me, too.
    :)
    Sort of cool you answered my question here, Thriftymaid -- I first heard about O'Riordan's death here on answerMug - - and you were one of the people I remember on the answerMug thread about her death. (Someone had posted a question about her death on the same day, I believe.)

May 25, 2020 5:15 PM MDT

She had a unique voice that is not forgettable. 
      May 25, 2020 6:31 PM MDT

Yes. :)

I don't know why I am missing her voice so much today. 
      May 25, 2020 7:57 PM MDT

Me, too.
    Sort of cool you answered my question here, Thriftymaid -- I first heard about O'Riordan's death here on answerMug - - and you were one of the people I remember on the answerMug thread about her death. (Someone had posted a question about her death on the same day, I believe.)
      August 14, 2019 10:06 AM MDT

Me three! :) :)
      August 14, 2019 11:30 AM MDT

• What a talent.  It saddens me to no end, the manner in which she passed away.  Her music and her voice has such a keen ability to touch my heart.  This is my favorite by her...

August 14, 2019 10:11 AM MDT

Again, I've not heard this song before, so I thank you again for the introduction!
    I think the lyrics are deeper on my first listen here than the lighthearted sound of the song. That little twist in the lyrics - -  'It's NOT my imagination . .. " caught my ear. Deserves a second listen.
    Thank you for sharing it here, Twinkle Dink. I 'ditto' everything you said about O'Riordan.
      August 14, 2019 10:30 AM MDT

No.  Haven't thought of her in forever. She was cool.  I liked her, but she was practically out of the public eye long before she passed.  I had no particular affiliation for her.  She was young and had a good voice. RIP.

What did she stand for?  Irish?  Ok.  That's nice.  ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBEEEEE EEEE EEE EEE EEE EEE EEE EEE

That's what I remember.  

Tom Petty is dead. I feel more for him because I lived with his music longer. That gets me a lot more.  I cannot get Tom to post. I think the ghost of Ms. Dolores is here.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 14, 2019 11:30 AM MDT
      August 14, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

There's a video here that won't play for me, darn.

Tom -- yes! Shame on me -- I admit I only REALLY started paying true attention to his music long after he attained such well-deserved acclaim as both part of groups/bands and a solo artist.
    And, more shame on me, I seem to remember the first time I really noted him was only because of the controversy of some scenes in the music video to one of his songs - - I think it was  'Don't Come Around Here No More." A scene  had Alice in Wonderland lying on a table and she'e being sliced up like a birthday cake - - at least, that's what I seem to remember.

Anyway - - everything I've heard from Petty is topnotch to me. And I found him really handsome, too.
    He's truly a legend, I'd think.

With Dolores and The Cranberries - - yeah, I see where your;e coming from but she -- and they -- have a sound that grabs me in such great ways. I'm forever grateful to her and them for the music they've created.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 14, 2019 12:17 PM MDT
      August 14, 2019 10:38 AM MDT

Shame on me.  I was the one who ignored the greatness of Delores (sp?).  She was great. I just wanted to be INTERESTING. LOL 
      August 14, 2019 12:16 PM MDT

You're always interesting to me! It's all good!

Sorry for the delay in responding.
      September 4, 2019 11:14 AM MDT

From the very day that I was blessed to hear the song "Zombie", my heart belonged to the Cranberries and Dolores O'Riordan.  She sang with an Irish accent!  What was not to love!

For me, I was originally drawn to that extremely distinctive voice and the strong, anti-war political message in Zombie

Boy, I miss her and her music

August 14, 2019 3:00 PM MDT

Thanks, Jonny! Another big "Yes!" to your answer.

Sorry for the delay here in responding.
      September 4, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

never heard of him
      August 16, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

Dolores is a woman.
      September 4, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

Hi Welby~ :) :)  That is a great place to start.  :) :)  Big Giggles, Winks, and Smiles!  ;) :)
      September 6, 2019 9:59 PM MDT

Agreed.
      September 7, 2019 5:46 AM MDT