Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Family » What's the meanest thing you ever did to your sibling? What's the meanest thing your sibling ever did to you? Either one. You pick.

What's the meanest thing you ever did to your sibling? What's the meanest thing your sibling ever did to you? Either one. You pick.

Posted - August 15, 2019

Responses

Probably something silly, along the lines of the boy in your adorable video

I truly have always rather looked up to my siblings -- I'd have to ask them if I ever did anything mean to them. I probably did but I don't recall doing anything mean on purpose.

I couldn't think of mean things they did to me.
    :)
      August 15, 2019 4:55 PM MDT

I was going to give a full answer, but I think my family is too dysfunctional for this thread. lol Suffice it to say, my siblings and I had a fairly traumatic upbringing and it left its mark on us. Some more than others. It manifested itself in some pretty ugly ways over the years, particularly as it relates to "mean" in an emotional sense. And, it's not that they have been intentionally mean. It's just that the coping mechanisms they developed to survive youth don't serve them well anymore and they either don't realize it or don't know how to move past it. 
      August 15, 2019 5:52 PM MDT

My brother has saturated his brain with alcohol for so long, there is no turning back.    I have moved on.  I even wish him the best. Just not in front of my eyes, ears or any part of me.

He is lost.  And mentally ill. 

August 15, 2019 6:56 PM MDT

• My sister passed away less than a year ago of alcohol poisoning.  She was a sweet girl but the drinking made her toxic.  She looked for any way she could to medicate the many hurts away that she had accumulated through her life.  She had been in a severe car accident when young and suffered a brain injury.  She nearly died twice while in a coma.  When she came out of the fog she was left needing to relearn everything.  How to talk.  How to feed herself.  How to go to the bathroom without help.  What a long and arduous journey.  It took more of a toll on her heart than her body.  She suffered terrible arrested development and never really moved beyond what she had been at that time.  In her head she still wanted to be that popular cheerleader on the homecoming court with many friends.  But those friends had moved on and she was left behind.  She died on the street homeless.  My spirit is sad and shattered by the loss of both my brother from cancer and my sister from alcohol over the past two years.  I pray they are both at peace.  I sometimes miss how my sister always called me "Big Boy".  I was always the one she ran to and looked up to.  I have no idea why, other than perhaps she always knew I loved her.  Sorry to hear about the condition of you brother, Sharonna.  Much love to you.   
      August 15, 2019 7:31 PM MDT

• Hard to say.  Me and my sister were engaged in a decade long war.  Well at least at home,  we  got along fine  when we were outside.
      August 16, 2019 4:34 AM MDT

we were never that mean to each other
      August 16, 2019 2:44 PM MDT