Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » History » What was it that identified 1967 as "The Summer Of Love"? Did love borne of that movement survive? Are we long overdue a Love Explosion?

What was it that identified 1967 as "The Summer Of Love"? Did love borne of that movement survive? Are we long overdue a Love Explosion?

Posted - August 20, 2019

Responses

I can answer that one first-hand.  Because in the Summer of Love I was 17, in LOVE and screwing like a bunny.  (the same person, which was rare back then)   The summer of love was literally SEX.  Everyone was humping and yes, it was the DRUGS and the high and the beauty of being horny at an age where everyone was beautiful, no matter what fashion they wore.  The most beautiful, often were the most out-there.  THAT WAS ME.  

I would invent looks long before they were considered fashion. I was an avant-garde princess. 
    Yes I was, Mary. 
    Anyway, summer of love.  People were horny as h3ll, people were practicing peace and religions that embrace peace like Buddism, people did not FEAR GOD but embraced GOD and people had something to say besides just humping each other.  

WE WANTED PEACE and NO VIOLENCE TOWARDS ANYONE EVER.  That was the simple message.  Leonard Cohen wrote GOD IS ALIVE;MAGIC IS AFOOT.  

Well LOVE is what he meant. LOVE IS GOD AND LOVE IS MAGIC AND YOU CANNOT STIFFLE IT.  Where are the 60's?  HERE. Right now.   You CAN NOT hide Democracy. It is Love and it is COMING for TRUMP.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 20, 2019 1:38 PM MDT
      August 20, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

I believe it was Time magazine that identified it. 

~
      August 20, 2019 10:22 PM MDT

Back when I was a teenager in 70's, I idolized the Woodstock era and actually IDOLIZED the musicians who played at Woodstock...until I got older and wiser, where I figured out that these musicians who played at Woodstock were all freakin'l DRUG ADDICTS who were constantly high on drugs back then, thus contributing to them now as elderly hippies suffering from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT/TDS....... where in their DRUGGED OUT MINDS as elderly people, sadly still think they're living in the late 60's.
      August 20, 2019 11:00 PM MDT

My parents got married in August 1967. Both superconservative (in the social sense) Catholics, they married as virgins. Not hippies.
      August 21, 2019 2:27 AM MDT