Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » America, let us rejoice and give the The Medal of Honor to "Greenland Don". He wants one

America, let us rejoice and give the The Medal of Honor to "Greenland Don". He wants one

Donald Trump sought to give himself a Medal of Honor but decided not to after being counseled against the move by aides.

The offhand remark from the president came during his address to the 75th annual national convention of American Veterans, a volunteer-led veterans service organization also known as AMVETS.

At the event in Louisville, Kentucky, Trump singled out for praise WWII veteran and Medal of Honor recipient Woody Williams.

“That was a big day, Medal of Honor. Nothing like the Medal of Honor,” he continued. “I wanted one, but they told me I don't qualify, Woody. I said, 'Can I give it to myself anyway?' They said, 'I don't think that's a good idea.'”

Can you get a Medal of Honor for bone spurs?

Posted - August 21, 2019

Responses

He should get a dishonorable discharge.
      August 21, 2019 5:28 PM MDT

I'll gladly give him some form of discharge
      August 21, 2019 6:05 PM MDT

Having ducked serving in the military, Trump isn’t eligible for that, either. 
      August 21, 2019 6:42 PM MDT

Guess he needed something to go with his fake Time Magazine covers and his phony Michigan man of the year award story. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 21, 2019 6:14 PM MDT
      August 21, 2019 5:44 PM MDT

Trump never ceases to amaze me.
    This time it's his proposal that the USA should buy Greenland from the Danes.
    It seems he is so spontaneous that every idea that occurs to him is just blurted without thought for its probable effects on listeners -
    as if he has no capacity to think about the interests of others from their point of view.
    It's a special kind of blindness, zero degrees of empathy.

Can he imagine the effect if Denmark or Australia proposed to buy Alaska or Hawaii?

August 21, 2019 5:58 PM MDT

LOL

Yes! He has no filter or understanding of what it is like to be a true leader. He's accustomed to corporate culture or in his case, "Trump culture". 
    Would y'all be interested in buying New Hampshire?  I'm so ready to go, bookworm. 
    I promise you a lifetime supply of Maple Syrup
      August 21, 2019 6:26 PM MDT

It is called the Congressional Medal of Honor, and is only issued through an official act of Congress, not the whim of a President. 

There is still the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which Trump can award to anyone, and thus has lost some of its luster of late. 
      August 21, 2019 6:01 PM MDT

True that. Would it be beneath him to award himself the Presidential Medal of Freedom? 
    Probably not

August 21, 2019 6:07 PM MDT

Yeah, he gave it to Tiger. HUH?
      August 21, 2019 6:15 PM MDT

The only award I would give him is Cluck of the Century.
      August 21, 2019 6:11 PM MDT

Ya he probably wouldn't except that award but if you trick him and say it's a Cluck of the Century award for the VIP with the best hair doo he will except and do that stupid thumbs up thing while posing with his Cluck award. Cheers!
      August 21, 2019 6:31 PM MDT

What a visual that was!
      August 22, 2019 5:15 AM MDT