Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If GOD loves all of us no matter how evil what is the purpose of being good? For its own sake becaues it's the right thing to do? Seriously?

If GOD loves all of us no matter how evil what is the purpose of being good? For its own sake becaues it's the right thing to do? Seriously?

Posted - August 25, 2019

Responses

The concept of LOVE is not picking your FAVORITE.  Compared to GOD, life and death are small potatoes.  You have no idea what GOD loves because you don't know GOD. NO one does.   Only GOD has all the answers.  Therefore, we can only learn and grow, trust and hope, have faith and the desire to do the work that you think would please the highest within you. 

You can be a Michelle Obama or a Melania Trump.  You choose.  

The concept of LOVE is embracing the TOTAL.  CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS.  We are more than the sum of what we do in this lifetime.  GOD is PART of your immortal soul.    The more you FEEL life and happiness and joy and hope, the more you want to do your best.

Anyone who goes against this most natural of human qualities does not even SEE God much less know him.
      August 25, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

Yes, God loves all, he lets the rain fall on the just and unjust, and this is why he gave his only begotten Son as a show of mercy and a gift of salvation, now if people choose to shun that gift, then they cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, which is now; you can live on earth in your body of flesh but not be of it and live in the spirit.

Gal 5:24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. They died with Christ, and are reborn as a new creation, the body becomes the vessel in which the Holy Spirit dwells. 1 Cor 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

Gal 5:17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

Gal 5:19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 7 For when we lived according to the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, bearing fruit for death. But now, having died to what bound us, we have been released from the law, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. 

I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me.

Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

The only way to really understand this is to self watch and listen to your thoughts and what they tell you about your "self." 
      August 25, 2019 5:45 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply kjames and Happy Monday! )
      August 26, 2019 4:21 AM MDT

You may have heard that “God hates sin but loves the sinner.” People who use this phrase generally mean well, but it is an oversimplification of the truth and leads to misunderstanding. God does love sinners, as numerous passages clearly state (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:10) Yet we also read verses like Psalm 5:5, which state that God hates not only wicked deeds but also the people who do them. John 3:17tells us that anyone who has not repented and received Christ stands condemned already under the holy anger of God against sin. Although He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked (Ezekiel 33:10), the Lord must and will judge sinners, which includes everyone since all have sinned ( Romans 3:23).

Hopefully, you can see how it is the hatred of God against our sin that makes His love toward us so incredibly spectacular. God has provided a way of salvation from sin and condemnation through His Son Jesus Christ, whom He gave to die in our place because of His amazing love. It’s important to realize that sin is not something to be played with. Like David, we ought to “hate the work of those who fall away” ( Psalm 101:3) Sin is filthy to God and should disgust us. If you consider yourself a Christian but you are still fascinated by evil things, you need to take the time right now and search your heart in light of God’s holiness.
      August 25, 2019 6:43 PM MDT