Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Travel » You win a two-week, expenses paid, vacation to either New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago or Phoenix. Which one?

You win a two-week, expenses paid, vacation to either New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago or Phoenix. Which one?

Posted - August 25, 2019

Responses

• LA out of that choice.  At least they have beaches.
      August 26, 2019 4:09 AM MDT

Hmmmm ... does the contest allow you to take a cash prize, instead?  
    I dislike large metro areas.

But if I had to choose ... I guess I'd go with Phoenix.

August 26, 2019 7:48 AM MDT

None of the above I would give the money to charity.  I travel 38 weeks of the year and traveling on my time off seems a bit odd.  Your four choices for me are less than optimal they all have worts with no benefit.

Two weeks to place I would go, Burgos, Madrid, Lisabon, Sophia, Osaka, Queenstown, Melbourne, Bristol,.  In the US Minneapolis, Salt Lake, Boise, Portland Or, Portland ME, Richmond VA, ......... and others.  NYC is a Port Potty that no one has cleaned out in a century and stinks and is expensive.

Your list is crazy  IMO
      August 26, 2019 3:39 PM MDT

Melbourne can have four different sorts of bad weather on the same day. Adelaide is better - but don't drink the water.
      August 26, 2019 9:27 PM MDT

I heard Sydney has glorious weather. True?  You would know.  
      August 26, 2019 9:39 PM MDT

True, but Sydney is expensive. And too fast-paced - the trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
      August 26, 2019 10:18 PM MDT

Melbourne is not to shabby with a great food scene.  The Yara Valley is close and the crews down on the river are really fun to watch.  I would hate to compete against some of them. 

Last time there saw a group of women's pairs that were all Olympic quality.  They asked if I wanted to get kitted out they had spare gear in the Boathouse.  I politely declined crewing however did have Beers with 3/3 of the crew members and their partners.  Aspirin and water were needed the next morning.

Yes indeed have visited Oz many times.  Oh yeahmy buddy has cooked in several of the top end restaurants and now owns two
      August 27, 2019 5:11 AM MDT

Thank you, Archer.  I do not like any of the choices in the question.  It was more like what is the lesser of the evils type of querie.  But I really like your selection of places that someone who is very well-traveled would choose.  

Nice to know cool places still really exist.  
      August 26, 2019 9:38 PM MDT