Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » When was the last time you had your back scratched? By someone who knows HOW? You hve to pay for that one.

When was the last time you had your back scratched? By someone who knows HOW? You hve to pay for that one.

Posted - August 27, 2019

Responses

It's been a long while.  I bought myself this inexpensive back scratcher with a telescoping handle and it's the best thing I ever bought.  
      August 27, 2019 11:06 AM MDT

I'm just like you.  I hate being dependent on anything if I can do it myself.  I cut my own hair too.  I hate that appointment idea.  Never-ending drudgery.

I get it.

August 27, 2019 11:49 AM MDT

Other than from me, I haven't had any back scratches in a long time. I refuse to ask me wife.
      August 27, 2019 11:58 AM MDT

This is why I never got married. I never got the idea of how to navigate after the glitter fades.

I thought it was all moonlight and romance and ?   So, if my "husband" would not scratch my back?  I would have been crushed.  LOL I never had a relationship last longer than a decade. so I am not an expert at all.  Love is a life-long relationship.  Long haul and that counts for A LOT.

I honor that and I honor your marriage.  It is normal.  You should see the people I massage.  They love their spouses and the spouse just DOES NOT LIKE DOING THAT.  So there is that idea too.  
      August 27, 2019 12:13 PM MDT

I will scratch her back any time she wants, but she must ask.
      August 27, 2019 3:35 PM MDT

I used to cut my own hair. not so much because of the appointment but because I would pay a lot of money and come home saying, "Oh, well, it will grow," or take out my scissors and even it out.  Then I went to the hairdresser in PA that my sister goes to and it's a whole new world.  She charges $16 (seniors 60+) and I'm always happy.  
      August 27, 2019 12:33 PM MDT

I have terrible luck with those.

The itch is always where I have to extend the handle ... and then it collapses after one scratch ... so I have to extend it, scratch, extend it, scratch, etc.

And when I find one long enough without telescoping ... I swear somebody steals them.  Somewhere, there's a gnome with a collection of back scratchers stolen from me. 

When I get an itch in that location, it's easier for me to use a doorway - like a bear using a tree.  lol
      August 27, 2019 11:54 AM MDT

Let me think.  I am good at this stuff. Get a loofah?  The  ones that go acroos the back and have two handles?  

Try that?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Body-cleaning-Strip-Belt-Bath-Two_60574336862.html This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 27, 2019 12:17 PM MDT
      August 27, 2019 12:15 PM MDT

Not the one that I bought.  It's made of metal an the telescoping is tight so once you open it to where you need it, it stays there.  My niece bought me a wooden one, but the tines aren't sharp enough to actually scratch the itch.  The one I bought was from Amazon.  You'd like it.
      August 27, 2019 12:31 PM MDT

I have a bamboo one that is long enough to go to the bottom of my back.
      August 27, 2019 3:36 PM MDT

I can reach all parts of my back with my hands - but my nails are not strong enough for a good scratch.
    So I use a Chinese bamboo back-scratcher - perfect for the job.
    But not long ago we were at a public sauna and spa when the itch came on and I didn't have the scratcher with me.
    Ari was happy to give me the scratch - but of course, I had to coach him exactly where and how hard.
    Much as we often feel irritated with one another, the deep friendship is still there - I felt grateful.
      August 27, 2019 6:50 PM MDT