Active Now

Reverend Muhammadovsky
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Boris Johnson = trump? more to come.

Boris Johnson = trump? more to come.

Posted - August 28, 2019

Responses

I don't know much about Boris Johnson.  Here is what I know that I know to be bad about him.  Trump likes him.  Most of Britain hates him.  He is an insufferable oaf.  

Here is what I know about him that is GOOD.   He is not remotely as narcissistic as TRUMP and while he would probably sell his girlfriend down the river if he thought he could get a nicer model, he would NOT sell his country down the river.  

BIG DIFFERENCE.
      August 28, 2019 9:25 PM MDT

He IS selling his country down the river. The UK is about to burst asunder. Scotland will bolt at a nervous cough, they voted solidly Remain and woukd rather leave the UK than the EU. And in the absence of a deal, the Six Counties of Ulster are GONE. They won't risk a closed border and virtual civil warfare, they had enough of that in the 70s. Northern Ireland will invoke Good Friday and rejoin the Republic rather than a resumption of the Troubles.
      August 29, 2019 3:50 AM MDT

What is Trump doing with his hand like that all the time? Demonstrating how he masturbates??

My Brit friend says Johnson isn't as dumb as Trump, but that's not saying much. He detests him, and I trust his judgement. 

It's like the US and GB are having an idiot contest; GB votes Brexit, we call and raise by electing Trump. 
      August 28, 2019 9:31 PM MDT

"What is Trump doing with his hand like that all the time?"

ExACTly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      August 28, 2019 9:34 PM MDT

Boris Johnson can't possibly be as stupid as Trump.
    Boris has a British accent so that automatically gives him a 20-30% IQ boost

August 29, 2019 12:26 AM MDT

Boris is a posh Trump. The main difference is the system - the Prime Minister can't break the law with impunity. He can be dismissed by the Queen (which immediately requires a general election - with it being mandatory for the monarch to abdicate if the government is returned, as her position would become untenable. Only happened once, in 1649 - in that case the King didn't abdicate, he was beheaded). Or he can be removed by a vote of no confidence in the Commons. Helps to prevent any stupid excesses.
      August 29, 2019 3:56 AM MDT

Too bad we can't remove Trump with a no-confidence vote.  Of course, that means Pence would be president.  How did we ever get ourselves in such a pickle? This post was edited by SpunkySenior at August 29, 2019 7:28 AM MDT
      August 29, 2019 5:20 AM MDT

I see that Liz endorsed his shutting down of Parliament.
      August 29, 2019 7:28 AM MDT