Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Reasons to not like Tom Cruise? We’re making a list. I’ll put number one: (I require 38 reasons by September 2, 2019)

Reasons to not like Tom Cruise? We’re making a list. I’ll put number one: (I require 38 reasons by September 2, 2019)

#1 His teeth scare me. 

Posted - August 29, 2019

Responses

Definitely!
    That movie blew me away, like Brad Pitt and a hair dryer.

Joking aside, that movie really did blow my mind.
    :)
      August 30, 2019 9:22 PM MDT

Guy is sooooooooooo good
      August 30, 2019 9:49 PM MDT

You can count on me then!
    We two are now three!
      August 30, 2019 8:31 PM MDT

His BEST FRIEND Is DAVID MUSCAVAGE.   ARE YOU INSANE? 
      August 31, 2019 9:48 AM MDT

No worries - - yeah, Tom's infatuation with Scientology is weird. And I only admire his performance in this 'magnolia' movie. He hasn't done any other work that I've seen that I've liked.

Whenever I posted this comment about "we two are three," it was related to my joining in on the thread with Jonny Angel Goat and Twinkle Dink after Twinkle Dink's comment about queers are here. The thread is so long now though that I'm confused of where I am, ha!
    Or maybe I even placed my comment in the wrong place. I didn't intend my comment as admiration for Tom or anything.

Yet, in spite of all that, I do question my sanity at times! Ha!

August 31, 2019 1:27 PM MDT

• Exactly!  Once these threads involve multiple pages and people it becomes nearly impossible to make sense or where one is in the conversation.  Good thing I spend most my time talking outta my ass anyway.

I totally blame Jamie and her sick obsession with Tom Cruise for all this confusion.
      August 31, 2019 4:13 PM MDT

Ha!
    I'm glad I'm not alone in getting lost sometimes in threads.
    And not alone in ass talking, too.
      August 31, 2019 6:34 PM MDT

OK, you asked for it but you may not like it.

The only thing I keep thinking as I see your question is a reason to LIKE Cruise.
    Cruise's AMAZING performance in the outstanding-to-me movie "magnolia." If you've not seen it, it may (a bit) change your mind about Cruise (as an actor, at least). The movie only works for me to watch it all the way through with no breaks -- Cruise is amazing but the movie needs to be seen all the way through (and it's a long one). His character goes places I never expected.
    The entire movie, on all counts, for me, is breathtaking.

Now I need to go add to the queer chants, ha!

(and his teeth look fine to me, ha!)

Image result for magnolia tom cruise

August 30, 2019 8:30 PM MDT

• Your call can NOT be completed as dialled. Please hang up and try your call again. This is a recording. ;p 
      August 30, 2019 8:35 PM MDT

;)

;)

I warned you that you may not like it.

Truly, though -- 'magnolia' is a wondrous movie.

(Cruise is only one of many incredible performances.)
      August 30, 2019 8:37 PM MDT

• Was just teasing you, Welby :) always happy to hear from you... even if you like the TOM :/ 
      August 30, 2019 8:39 PM MDT

Ha!
    I knew you were kidding, it's all good. Jaimie!

This 'magnolia' movie is the only thing I've ever liked Cruise in. 
      August 30, 2019 8:45 PM MDT

• I’ve not seen the movie. There was a movie he did with Cameron Diaz that I did kind of like. I can’t recall the name of the movie right now. It wasn’t great, but better than bad :) 
      August 30, 2019 9:00 PM MDT

I don't know the movie you mention.

I do recommend 'magnolia' a lot, though.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 30, 2019 10:05 PM MDT
      August 30, 2019 9:48 PM MDT

Welby, I love you for mentioning this though it does create a conundrum for Jamie. LOL
    I was telling TD about this amazing movie. This is perhaps the only TC movie where I liked his character or should I say, appreciated his acting in that role. It was perfect for him. 
    Magnolia as a film was a magical and mystical experience.
    When it rains frogs, it gives me the chills
    This post was edited by Jon at August 31, 2019 9:53 AM MDT
      August 30, 2019 8:49 PM MDT

ASKER'S PICK -- right here!! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

Here it is!!!

I couldn't have said any of this better!

100% with you, Jonny!
      August 30, 2019 8:51 PM MDT

Everything about and everyone in this film was outstanding!  Philip Seymour Hoffman was incredible. Jason Robards...

Man, I want to watch this again!!!
      August 30, 2019 9:00 PM MDT

Yes, again!

I wish I was here with you to watch -- chills galore! Again, I agree with you 100%

and Julianne Moore -- and Melinda Dillon --  and - - and - - everyone
      August 30, 2019 9:03 PM MDT

• Then why is it not on our watch list?  Let's add it.  I've never seen it and I've always heard what a fantastic movie it is.
      August 31, 2019 9:37 AM MDT

Yes -- only now just saw your image --  yes, wow!

--  and then this scene -- the first time I saw the movie,  I think I stopped breathing as this scene progressed. And the scene, to me, only works if we have seen all the scenes leading up to it.
    Wise Up -- Aimee Mann's song here - -

"it's not going to stop --  it's not going to stop -- it's not going to stop -- til you wise up"

EDIT: takes a minute or so before the song starts, as you know PLOT SPOILER!!!! and all the characters start singing along with Aimee!! Breathtaking

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 30, 2019 9:01 PM MDT
      August 30, 2019 8:58 PM MDT

I agree this film needs to be seen in its full progression, from beginning to end to truly appreciate the power within.

This will definitely be re-watched asap

August 30, 2019 9:59 PM MDT

I watched it again about four weeks ago. The movie remains so fresh, every time I watch. 

I don't watch it a whole lot but every time, it's like it's brand new to me.

August 30, 2019 10:02 PM MDT

Good movie.  That does not excuse the fact that CRUISE is a megalomaniac psycho who makes TRUMP look sane.  
      August 31, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

Why isn't Randy D on this list?  This whole thing is rigged!  I thought being your fake online husband counted for something!  You're just using me for my celibacy, aren't you?  Grrrrrrrr. 

August 30, 2019 10:40 PM MDT

• Randy, you weren’t on the complaint list because you already contributed to the reasons to dislike Tom Cruise list. Now be a good fake husband and do something useful like make me a coffee while I work on my serious important lists.  

August 31, 2019 10:16 AM MDT