Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you talk to your plants and if so does any of that talk incude lies?

Do you talk to your plants and if so does any of that talk incude lies?

I talk to all my plants but the only ones I lie to are my female cannabis plants. I tell each and every one of then that they are my favorite because they have the nicest hairs and biggest Trichomes that I have ever seen. Then I tell them that if they hurry up and mature they will be the one that gets to go into the "special" room with me  - which is a double lie because they will all be going into the special room (the harvest room) and if they don't hurry up and mature on their own I know a few growing tricks that will force them to do it. Cheers and happy labour Day!

Posted - September 2, 2019

Responses

Yes. I lie all the time.  Especially to the dead ones.  I told them there was no global warming and they answered me.  

They did not listen.  
      September 2, 2019 12:10 PM MDT

I do, but it's usually apologies about how I don't mean to murder them. I'm really bad with indoor plants. 
      September 2, 2019 1:21 PM MDT

I spend all winter talking to my plants.  No, I don't intentionally lie to them.  I see no point in it.  I have, however, threatened them on occasions (shape up or I'll put you out in the snow).  I'm not lying to them, even though it'd be near impossible to follow through on the threat (they've just gotten too big).  I just hope they don't wise up to this fact.  I don't know how I'd contend with an avocado tree rebellion (led by a old cantankerous asparagus fern).
      September 2, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

If I catch any of my tomato plants lying, I EAT THEM.
      September 2, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

Ya but you should do it quickly and silently because if your corn plants hear it they will run away (corn plants have ears). Cheers and happy Labour Day!
      September 2, 2019 2:50 PM MDT

No, my corn has been destroyed by hungry raccoons.
      September 2, 2019 6:20 PM MDT

Oh - then you should be carful not do eat your tomatoes in front of your potato plants -  potatoes have eyes and if they see you doing that it might scare them. Cheers and happy Labour Day!
      September 2, 2019 7:18 PM MDT