Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Who is Mike Pence?

Who is Mike Pence?

This very interesting article on Yahoo today gives us an inside look at who and what Mike Pence is all about.  Most striking, is the following excerpt from the book about him by journalist Tom LoBianco, “Piety & Power: Mike Pence and the Taking of the White House.”

When Trump won the election, Karen Pence was livid.  They were just about broke and she wondered how they were going to afford her inaugural gown.  "Trump ended up arranging for the inaugural committee to cover some updates to the vice presidential residence and to buy Karen Pence two ball gowns – an original and the cost of altering that dress into one she liked better, according to the book."

"The Pences may not have needed the financial help if the couple, years before, hadn’t lost nearly $1 million Pence had inherited from his father. He invested in a pair of privately held companies which failed, according to LoBianco. Pence, whom the author describes as being in awe of those who make money, later lost close to $700,000 more in stock he’d held in the family’s gas station and convenience store business, which went bankrupt in 2001."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/going-mike-trumps-victory-posed-111403620.html

Posted - September 7, 2019

Responses

Thanks for the link. It explains a lot, although I think I prefer this explanation.

September 7, 2019 4:23 PM MDT

I have to admit - Jimmy Kimmel has a point.
      September 7, 2019 5:34 PM MDT

Mike Pence is that fair skinned guy with white hair that calls his wife mother. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 7, 2019 5:57 PM MDT