Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You do know this is just the tip of the iceberg don'tcha? How big is the part below? How far down does it go?

You do know this is just the tip of the iceberg don'tcha? How big is the part below? How far down does it go?

His focus on enriching himself on your backs extends way beyond imagination. Having his toady sycophants stay at his hotels or golf courses rather than more appropriate convenient less expensive locations when traveling is bad enough.

Now we find that military planes are diverted to a tiny gas station near his Scottish golf course because it was dying on the vine is unfriggin' reprehensible!  Millions of dollars to fuel the planes that are being diverted just to buy inflated-price gas have now made the tiny gas station profitable. So far $11 million has been spent on refueling US planes on orders of the Commander-in-Chief. Why pay less when you can pay more?

How many other things are deeper down? Maybe as deep as the Marianas Trench? Could be. We'll see. We have only begun to investigate how profligate chump is. And devious and evil and cheap and boorish and crazy.

Posted - September 8, 2019

Responses

At least we know the depths of an iceberg (9 times the average height visible above the water) or that of the Marianas Trench...

There is something odd about that refuelling report though.

I understand "gas" to be American for petrol, as used in cars. Most modern air-force planes are jets though, burning refined kerosene (called 'paraffin' in the UK); and many filling-stations in the UK do stock paraffin but not in large amounts as its civilian uses and volumes are small. Further, they normally sell it in 5-litre (roughly 1 gallon) plastic containers, not aviation amounts; and such garages are for refuelling cars so do not have runways!

The aeroplanes concerned may have been small, petrol-fuelled piston-engine ones perhaps used normally for training or short flights for officers between air-force bases... but still needing runways.

I think the refuelling station was not a "tiny gas station" but something else entirely: a small but proper air-field. Or it is that gas station, but is next to an air-field and might sell fuel for light aircraft.

For jet aircraft, the air-field itself must be commercial or military, and it is that which would supply their kerosene. Obviously, in this case, still charged to your taxes.

I can though, see Trump hosting people at his golf-course and charging the US tax-payer for petrol bought locally for the cars they use for both social and business journeys!

I know you are not a supporter of Mr. Trump but to be fair to him, I suspect you've stumbled upon a very distorted report of what actually happened.

September 8, 2019 4:21 AM MDT

It is the only gas station near the airport nearest the chump failing golf course in Scotland. Without it chump's great golf resort would disappear. As for the types of fuels I take your word for it Durdle. But the report is clear. The chump ORDERS military planes to go out of their way to pay more for fuel than they have to and it is due to enriching him of course. How long this has gone on I do not know but so far records say we have spent $11 million bucks on fuel there. Now what we would have paid at our normal refueling places I don't know. I believe this report has LEGS and will be around for quite awhile with Congress (the Dems only of course) investigating from the git-go everything you want to know about refueling! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      September 8, 2019 6:09 AM MDT

I don't know the location (and Scotland covers a large mainland area and many islands) but whatever the airfield, I am not clear how the diversion to buy more expensive fuel benefits Trump. Don't get me wrong, I believe you, but I don't know the commercial background here. Does he have direct business links or large share holdings with the fuel manufacturer or seller concerned?  
      September 8, 2019 1:43 PM MDT