Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you afraid of the truth? It isn't always pretty.

Are you afraid of the truth? It isn't always pretty.

Posted - September 8, 2019

Responses

YES. I am terrified.

I have been so traumatized by life this last decade you would not believe.  I am pretty much alone by choice and I wonder each and every day what I can do to make sure my future is not a nightmare.

It's scary.  But it's what I need to do now to get somewhere else.  So, I hang in there.  I have a lot of courage.  I have no choice.  I am still scared to death for the Nation, for the Globe and for my own self.

Last November I went to the emergency room because my stomach was killing me.  I couldn't function.  They took x-rays. They told me it was serious and could be cancer. It looked like cancer to them because it looked like it was growing out of my gallbladder. I go home and look up gallbladder cancer. It is terminal in most cases.

I had to go to the doctor and get a second opinion.  I DID NOT WANT TO GO.  I couldn't deal with this idea.  COULD  NOT.  

After two months I went and it wasn't cancer.  Most people would have gone and got treatment the next day. It took me two months.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 8, 2019 4:34 PM MDT
      September 8, 2019 12:53 PM MDT

• Fear is often crippling.  There are those rare times though when it is a great motivator.  I just don't like making decisions and being proactive out of a place of fear.  That scares me even more.
      September 8, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

TOTALLY AGREE.

I had a boyfriend once who was an overachiever.  He was a live wire.  I asked him what motivated him and he said FEAR.

I loved him, but I cannot live that way either.   I'm like you.  I need to be centered, calm and move from that place.  
      September 8, 2019 12:59 PM MDT

Fear of failure. Guilty.
      September 8, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

First of all, you can live without a gall bladder so you should have gotten a second opinion immediately.  Had it been cancer, two months could be the difference between life and death if the cancer is quick to grow.  I would never take one opinion if they say cancer.  I would always get a second opinion and I would do it quickly.  For two months you agonized over something you did not have.  Foolish.
      September 8, 2019 1:50 PM MDT

I never want anything bad to happen to you. 
    ~
      September 8, 2019 4:32 PM MDT

No, I'm not afraid of the truth.  I know myself pretty well, so if someone says I can be a pain in the butt, that's the truth.  I have no illusions as to my shortcomings.  If people are smart, they won't ask me a question if they don't want to hear the truth.
      September 8, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

I have to face it. I look into the mirror in the morning...not pretty. No longer afraid.
      September 8, 2019 2:08 PM MDT

I do not fear the truth. I am afraid of something way, way worse... This post was edited by Jon at September 8, 2019 4:33 PM MDT
      September 8, 2019 2:24 PM MDT

True, it’s not always pretty, but sometimes it’s handsome. I can take it.

~ This post was edited by Randy D at September 8, 2019 6:13 PM MDT
      September 8, 2019 4:35 PM MDT

pretry pretty
      September 8, 2019 6:03 PM MDT

Doh!

September 8, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

• I know you deleted your account, but I think you‘d like this...it’s one of my favourites... maybe you’ll see it if come back. 

September 8, 2019 5:40 PM MDT

• BTW,
    I watched this video after I was gone. 
    I peaked in and saw it from "outside the Mug".  I do like it.
      September 10, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

• I’m glad you came back :) 
      September 10, 2019 10:51 AM MDT

Truth is where reality resides.  How can I navigate through this life if I do not know the difference between what's real and what's not? In a word, from that viewpoint, no I do not fear the truth. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at September 8, 2019 9:22 PM MDT
      September 8, 2019 9:21 PM MDT