Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » When you go to heaven do you think you will meet saved people from other planets or is heaven just for Earth Christians?

When you go to heaven do you think you will meet saved people from other planets or is heaven just for Earth Christians?

Posted - September 9, 2019

Responses

I don't believe in heaven and/or hell.  When I die, I will return to ashes and be potted in a bio-urn to hopefully fertilize a tree.  
      September 9, 2019 8:15 AM MDT

For me, similar.
    I'd like my body to be interred naked in the soil, and an avocado tree, or any other tree that bears delicious fruit, planted over me -
    so my dissolving nutrients can nurture it, and it give nutrition and pleasure to others for generations ...
    except climate change will probably ruin all that. :/
      September 9, 2019 10:58 PM MDT

I don't think they can bury you naked.  But there are ways to use your ashes to do the same thing.  
      September 10, 2019 10:48 AM MDT

So, the question should have been, "When you die, where will you go?"
      September 10, 2019 4:28 AM MDT

I answered that in the first reply:  I will return to ashes and be potted in a bio-urn to hopefully fertilize a tree.  
      September 10, 2019 10:45 AM MDT

I think there are realms.  

I think you go to the place you created for yourself when you were down here.  Trump and his minions will see each other here and there in the afterlife.  They will sit until it is time for them to reincarnate and god help them when they do.

I don't know, of course.  I do think that if you lived a life, which few do, of supreme unselfishness and giving and serving the Lord above, you will see the Lord above and be quicker to stay with the Lord above than a soul who acts like Trump.  A person like Trump will never know God in this lifetime.  It will take probably dozens of lifetimes for him to ever see the error of his ways.

Thousands.  

September 9, 2019 8:53 AM MDT

The evangelical Trump supporters may be disappointed if they don't find The Donald in heaven when they get there.
      September 9, 2019 12:50 PM MDT

Here is how deluded these people are.  They are in HELL right now and do not know it, do you think they will notice it after death?  And TRUMP will be right with him where they and he are all going.  
      September 9, 2019 12:58 PM MDT

• Nope....my heavenly space will look just like how it's depicted in What Dreams May Come.  The premise of being able to pick new physical forms for the spirits of our loved ones is an interesting premise as well.  I wonder if my wife would mind Kate Upton being her physical form?

September 9, 2019 10:02 AM MDT

Oh I hope to GOD I can somehow wave to you over the flowers one day.  (not SOON)  But my flowers will look more like the vegetation in Avatar.  Those glow in the dark magical neon thingies.  

Say HI!!!!!

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 9, 2019 1:07 PM MDT
      September 9, 2019 1:00 PM MDT

Haha! That's a delightful vision. I hope it comes with infinite energy to sustain it.
      September 9, 2019 10:54 PM MDT

Haha!
    If there turns out to be a God, my hope would be that She-He turns out to have no interest in heaven, hell or any other form of afterlife.
    Rather, I would hope each soul - irrespective of species or place of origin -
    is unconditionally allowed to rest in an infinity of peace, non-experience, non-existence.
    To me, that would be the kindest Grace of all.

"And all I know, the wind peels away all.

One wrong seed’s enough to rock the balance

but

labour’s only vain, and only nature wins.

Of atoms built of space I was born.

Back into that space each atom spins

and in between is all, 

but nothing dreams, 

in the realm of sleep at last."
    Quote from poem, "After Weeding", ©Manna Hart, 9 Sept, 2019

September 9, 2019 10:15 PM MDT

Thanks for the pick, Kitty. :D
      September 9, 2019 10:54 PM MDT

• An interesting question you've asked.  I do not boast of having all the answers, but often when my knowledge and wisdom lags or falls short I simply fill in the blank space with love.  It feels easy.  It feels right.  For me, love is the answer and true love never fails.  I believe we were all born of love.  We are sustained by love.  We thrive in its presence and in its absence we wither.  We long to give it and we need to receive it.  It is the warm illumination that we look toward and reach out for.  And in faith I remain certain we will one day be delivered back into the comforting arms and bosom of eternal love.  I believe it to be the greatest power in the universe.  In my imagination all creatures, wherever they may hail from in this grand sweeping universe, if they have a thinking mind and a beating heart, some lifeforce that longs to look beyond just existing, will inevitably search to find truth and understanding.  That path, I muse, will surely, eventually lead them to a place where love resides.  Inside them, yes hopefully, but also to a place called Heaven.  Where is this Heaven?  What does it look like?  It matters not.  It matters only that it is a place not closed to anyone who truly practices loving first before all else.  That's just me though.  I am complex in my simplicities.  I am an unrestrained dreamer of fanciful wonders.  First and foremost though I am a lover and I am thankful always to also be one who is blessed to be loved.  I wish everyone...their Heaven.

Love Has a Hold on Me

I have found a perfect mystery
    Love has a hold on me
    Long before my life had come to be
    Love had a hold on me
    Love has a hold on me

Where do I come from
    What does life mean
    Is it not to know the one who made me

As I'm looking down the road ahead
    Love has a hold on me
    Someday when I breathe my dying breath
    Love has a hold on me
    Love has a hold on me

Where will I go
    When this life is through
    Back into the light that made me and you

Love has a hold on me
    Something opened up my eyes to see
    Love has a hold on me
    Love has a hold on me

I don't have answers to all the questions
    Running inside of my mind
    But I can't help believe that
    Understanding comes in time

Love has a hold on me
    Something opened up my eyes to see
    Love has a hold on me
    Love has a hold on me

If I run, if I hide, I know inside
    Your love has a hold on me
    Tell me yes, tell me no, my heart will follow
    Your love has a hold on me

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 10, 2019 8:26 AM MDT
      September 9, 2019 11:33 PM MDT

I love you for your loving.
      September 10, 2019 12:17 AM MDT

• As a simple, yet magnificent creature, a humble human but capable of the divine, a child of this wondrous universe, and in my faith a child of God, it is my truest, deepest, and almost decadent pleasure to love others unabashedly.  To revel lavishly in love's ethereal and corporeal ecstasy.  To share this emotion with everyone until a multitude of cups runneth over with Euphoria.  When I close my eyes and listen, it is the melody and harmony I hear.  When I open my eyes to truly see, it is a vision of resplendent beauty. And lest all these things seem too extravagant or unattainable, there is this.  It need not be more than a whispered word spoken to someone.  A smile freely given.  An embrace conveying compassion.  You, dear bookworm, never fail to adorn me with your kindness.  I am always dressed in spectacular fashion when I wear your gracious acknowledgements.  You are indeed a precious soul and counted amongst the number of those I love and I thank you immensely for being you, as I am also thankful for the crossing of your path with mine in this quiet corner of perceived reality, called answerMug.
      September 10, 2019 9:12 AM MDT