Discussion » Questions » Business » Auto Zone or Pep Boys? Where should I go to get my tail light fixed and my trunk repaired?

Auto Zone or Pep Boys? Where should I go to get my tail light fixed and my trunk repaired?

Posted - September 10, 2019

Responses

Autozone for do it yourself. Pep Boys for someone to do it for you. 
      September 10, 2019 5:16 PM MDT

They won't fix things at Autozone?  I need my taillight fixed.  
      September 10, 2019 6:42 PM MDT

Autozone the worker might help you change it. But generally they just sell the parts. You could just go in and ask for help. If they are not busy they may just do it. 
      September 10, 2019 7:18 PM MDT

Hi. I took your advice. Read my comment to Randy and you will learn the whole story.  It is so thrilling.  
      September 10, 2019 9:07 PM MDT

September 11, 2019 6:22 AM MDT

Your tail light?  Your trunk?  Those are both euphemisms, aren’t they?

Reported!
    ~
      September 10, 2019 8:30 PM MDT

Here is what transpired.  IT is so not sexy.  I went to Pep Boys because My 2 Cents said they did work while Autozone was a do it yourself service store.  (Ignore the missing hyphens, I cannot be bothered) 

I stood in Pep Boys. A huge store.  There are about 20 aisles, like a smaller Home Depot but there is ONE small register like some old time gas station from the 60's.  ???  I stood in line for 15 minutes while some fat chick flirted with the ugly red haired kid behind the counter.  She wanted to know all these details about getting an oil change.  It was excrutiating.

Next.  This woman comes out of nowhere, hair all askew, and confronts me with WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?  I cannot tell you the look she had on her face.  It was so intimidating.  She acted like I broke into her store after closing hours or something.  

After an exchange that told me she did not know her a$$ from a hole in the ground, I just walked away and left her standing there.  I just don' t believe this wise a$$ thinks I am going to pay her money when she is treating me like she is doing me a big favor by waiting on me.

Screw her.

I went to Auto Zone.  I walked in and it was the same deal.  And this guy comes out of nowhere that didn't even work there and started talking to me.  He went outside with me, and fixed my tail light and trunk for free.  I gave him 25 dollars.  

The end.  

I didn't need to shake a thing.  But I did get lucky.  It is hell being single and alone when you have to navigate machinery problems.  And house problems too.  I need a man maid.  
      September 10, 2019 9:05 PM MDT

OMG!!! This is the EXACT same thing I deal with. It's so frustrating. I've really struggled in the mechanic department as well, but I think I finally found an ok mechanic that isn't gouging me. 
      September 10, 2019 9:58 PM MDT

I found this young guy who I can deal with now. He has a shop and he also does side work.  It is frustrating.  
      September 10, 2019 10:02 PM MDT

Guess what, Ladies?  Gouge-guessing* happens with men too. I mean think about it: any person not trained or experienced in auto mechanics can be told anything when taking a car to be fixed. “Whatcher got here, my friend, is a complication haveriant near a large columnar rubasse surface that has acquired in the buttress of forged leetstum a unintended discontinuity aperture-induced interruption which rapidly sanguinized the oxygenated nedryerhan contents toward omni-directional egression routes, thereby causing a subsequently belhized absence of corresponding equilibrium on the dual-paired lateraled and fore-aft basic contact points of thelnestorette ablobatinosity. It should have been taken care of 350 to 1737 miles ago, but I’ll try to get to it today and have you out of here in no time, pal. How much, ya axe?  It’s only a estimate, let’s see. That’ll start out at $79 to open ‘er up, tool-turning fee is $12 per implement, parts are double cuz yer not paying attention, environmental impact fee $6.78, Subway lunch special for all the guys comes to $6 each, the Albontgathian Jack is special order and we don’t have one here, so Mount Pilot is probably the nearest, there are pickup fees of $29.59 for that, and like always, the gubmint gets its claws inta ya fer taxes, so we round every up to yer next paycheck just to be shure. Hell, why not Just leave your credit card with me and I’ll let you know after I’ve had a look? I’ll need to run yer  credit, of course.“
    ~
      September 11, 2019 6:14 AM MDT

I'm sure it happens to all genders, but praytell, when was the last time a home repair guy offered to give you a discount if you slept with him? Or, a landscaper volunteered to work free if you helped and wore pantyhose? Or, a home repair store employee ripped into you for "questioning his expertise" when you asked why he preferred one brand over the other? Or, a salesperson told you to come back with your husband later? 

These are all things I've dealt with, often more than once. 
      September 11, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

Yes.  It's called being a single female.  YOU NEED A MAN TO PROTECT YOU.

I would say that if someone like yourself questioned a salesperson, and that salesperson gave you lip?  That salesperson probably knows WAY less than you do and knows it.  
      September 11, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

If this doesn’t get Post of the Year, I’ll vote Democrat in the next election. Hey wait . . . let me rephrase that. 

This should get Post of the Year!  You’re a great storyteller!  I love you, Sis!

September 11, 2019 12:57 AM MDT

Move next-door. I need a man maid.  I'll make sandwiches for pay.  
      September 11, 2019 1:51 PM MDT

Okay, but under certain conditions:

1. I don’t have to shave off my mustache. 
    2. There’s absolutely NO WAY I’m going to wear the uni. 

~
      September 11, 2019 9:37 PM MDT

Your trunk? If your nose is that big, see a cosmetic surgeon. Unless you're an elephant, then you need a vet.
      September 10, 2019 9:09 PM MDT

I have a proboscis.    I am struck with how much this fellow looks like Jimmy Durante.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 11, 2019 12:57 AM MDT
      September 10, 2019 9:30 PM MDT