Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Isn't Disneyland a people trap operated by a mouse?

Isn't Disneyland a people trap operated by a mouse?

Posted - September 11, 2019

Responses

Disney anything is offensive to me.  Disney World is hell on Earth as far as I'm concerned.  I took both of my children twice.  That was too much as far as I'm concerned.  There are great amusements parks to visit.........I say let the tourist who know no better have Disney World and pay hundreds per day to visit.  I'll visit a smaller, easy to get to, easy to park, inexpensive park if I get park fever.  
      September 11, 2019 8:07 PM MDT

I've never been to Disneyworld or Disneyland but have been to almost-countless amusement parks, that from what I've read, are less expensive and have better rides. I go to amusement parks for rides and coasters. not "themes" or whatever. Period.
    :)

But -- if there were a "Night of the Living Dead" amusement park -- I'd be first in line.
      March 16, 2020 10:33 AM MDT

I'll have to let you know about that if I ever get there.
      March 16, 2020 10:34 AM MDT

Clever phraseology.

Regular updates on the building of Disneyland were always presented on the Sunday night Disney show on TV and as a child, I could hardly wait to go.

It opened when I was almost 10, but didn't get there until I was a teenager and then again in my 20's---the first time I had fallen in love with the tour guide (I forget why we had one) at first sight, so that was automatically a fondly remembered experience. 

Went to Disney World in my mid-40's with my wife and our youngest son---Fantastic experience for all of us---as measured the ear to ear smile in the pictures of our 7 year old boy.

We stayed at the park. At that time guests who stayed there were admitted to the park an hour before the general public.  Almost everybody who went in early headed to the right to explore the park---we went to the left. 

No crowds at the buildings or the rides, and since we were traveling against the crowd we never had to wait in a line.
      March 16, 2020 10:52 AM MDT

At Cedar Point, a world-class amusement park at Sandusky, Ohio, I often, upon entering the park, walk directly, without stopping, to the very back of the park and work my way backwards, ride by ride, to the front of the park and often avoid the lines.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 16, 2020 11:46 AM MDT
      March 16, 2020 11:16 AM MDT