Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Take it or leave it. I have less than $50 (USD) that I’m willing to pay you for it, is that enough?

Take it or leave it. I have less than $50 (USD) that I’m willing to pay you for it, is that enough?

~

Posted - September 18, 2019

Responses

yes

September 18, 2019 9:31 PM MDT

Wait a minute.... I only see $35!  What kind of scam are you trying to pull??
      September 18, 2019 10:05 PM MDT

LOL!
      Look closer at both the question and the photo, then count the money again. I already copped to having less than $50, and there's one bill there that's hidden under the one on top of it. Its denomination can't be verified. 

~
      September 18, 2019 10:45 PM MDT

I didn't even get anywhere near that close in noticing anything about details.
    :)
      September 19, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

$35 is a far sight less than $50!

The bill in question has a 98% probability of being a one.

1. the bills are stacked in descending order and separated to detail each separate denomination
    2. all the bills of larger denomination are purposefully shown.  When showing off money, one doesn't hide large denominations. One stacks low denominations under larger ones to make it look like they have more than they actually do.
    3. the unseen bill is creased like the other ones, not the higher denominations.
    4. while having 5 ones is a bit odd, note that the top bill is not only dog-eared, but is also facing the wrong direction.  This indicates it was added later.  (4 ones plus a fifth tossed on top for good measure)
      September 19, 2019 8:59 AM MDT

None of which negates the probability AND the possibility that the partially-hidden bill could be any denomination at all. 
    ~
      September 19, 2019 7:47 PM MDT