Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you now, or have you ever had a hero? (A real person.) I have not.

Do you now, or have you ever had a hero? (A real person.) I have not.

Posted - September 25, 2019

Responses

No, I have not.  There have been people whom I admired, but never thought of them as a hero.  That word gets flung around far too often these days.
      September 25, 2019 10:47 AM MDT

I am a hero worshipper.  I worship the idea.  I love inspiration.  

Here is an amazing Heroine that just came to mind. 
    This woman lived in a bathroom for over three months without coming out once.  With I think about 6 others.  The bathroom was the size of a closet.  They had to stand up and one person slept on the floor at a time.  Three months.  If they were discovered, they would have been slaughtered by machetes by Rwandan Hutu Maniacs.

She had a dictionary in there somehow and learned ENGLISH.  She had nothing better to do.  It saved her life.  But, that is another story.
    SHE IS MY HERO

Anne Frank is my Hero.

Gandhi is my hero.  

And the Parkside Kids are my heroes.  Without heroes we have no inspiration to become better ourselves. 
      September 25, 2019 10:52 AM MDT

• Charlie Sheen
      September 25, 2019 12:30 PM MDT

Captain Sully. Secretariat. Greg Norman. 
      September 25, 2019 1:21 PM MDT

I know Harriet Tubman comes to my mind first.

Yes, I find her the actions she did in her life were heroic. 

For my personhood, the word "hero" applies to her. But I think the word itself is up to interpretation for everyone; perhaps heros/heroines are subjective.

Hey, remember that other answer I gave to one of your questions, about what I sometimes say to myself when I post answers? You had a great response to me, too.
    :)
    Yup -- "What are you trying to say, bud?" Ha.
    ;)

September 25, 2019 1:22 PM MDT

Thomas Jefferson. 
      September 25, 2019 6:56 PM MDT

We don't need another hero.
      September 25, 2019 7:03 PM MDT

Ya a friend who saved me from a fate worse then death. One day I accidentally cut into a large Yellow jacket ground nest with my brush saw. I got swarmed and after a minute or so I started freaking out and started running blindly. I was running towards Rose Wall Cliff - they call it  Rose Wall Cliff  because it is a 80 foot cliff that is coved by wild rose bushes from top to bottom so if I ran off the cliff I would of fell through 80 feet of wild rose bushes. Plus when yellow jackets sting you they leave a chemical that the other yellow jackets home in on - so they would of followed me off the  cliff and kept stinging me all the way down plus at the bottom of the cliff there is lots of old rusty metal so if I would of survived the fall I would of had to get a tetnis shot and I hate needles. Luckily a co worker grabbed a first aid blanket ran after me and tackled me 5 feet before the cliff edge then covered us up with the blanked. He got stung many times saving me so he became my hero. Cheers! 
      September 25, 2019 8:48 PM MDT