Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Do you still have cable or Sate-light television or do you stream everything like a normal person?

Do you still have cable or Sate-light television or do you stream everything like a normal person?

Posted - September 28, 2019

Responses

It's o.k. if you turn sideways and puke.
    This may ruin any of the slightest chances of me ever convincing any of you I have a lick of sense in my brain.
    For two people who don't have any time to make dinner, clean their house, work and make love on the side,
    I'm pretty sure we have satellite, cable, Direct, the Playboy channel, and Netflix.
    I'm thinking now this is the biggest waist of money we pay once a month.
    Seriously!  For the 10 years we have lived in this house, I have not thought of all the accumulations we have had to our TV.  And we have our phones, too.
    Granted, I do not stream.  I don't know how nor do I want to.  I guess this leaves me as the most abnormal person in the world today.
      Thank goodness I am a wizardress, instead and have many other things to think about that are much more important. ;) :)

***I'm looking into this after work tomorrow.  Thanks for asking this question. :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at September 30, 2019 6:57 AM MDT
      September 29, 2019 12:42 AM MDT

• Lol, I have cable, 3 streaming services plus I have all the apps on my fire stick to get every movie and show for free anyway...I need to get rid of some stuff too. 
      September 29, 2019 4:52 PM MDT

Whatever you do, don’t delete the feed I installed in you bedroom: Jaimie-Cam. That stuff is hilarious, it keeps me in stitches all day long. 

~
      September 29, 2019 6:18 PM MDT

• I’m calling the police.
      September 30, 2019 6:43 PM MDT

If police officers want to watch it with me, I’ll have to charge them a fee. It’s only fair.

~

September 30, 2019 8:23 PM MDT

I'm very much an abnormal person. I have cable tv.
      September 29, 2019 4:54 PM MDT

• Haha same, I have it again too and I don’t know why. I have no need for it. 
      September 30, 2019 6:44 PM MDT

I haven't had pay TV for over five years.  I get about 20 channels over the air and I use Netflix for series, movies, documentaries, etc.  I have a way to watch the sports networks too. That's really the only TV I watch...sports.  I enjoy some series on Netflix but would never ever watch one episode per week.  Nope.
      September 29, 2019 4:55 PM MDT

• I don’t understand all this over the air stuff. I think I had that when I was a kid but I don’t think it exists here anymore. I have cable again but I never really watch it. I just put on sitcoms as background noise. I cant get rid of it now though Cos I got it as a bundle with my internet.  
      September 30, 2019 6:46 PM MDT

• I stream but even that isn't becoming super affordable because all of these companies are branching out to start their own service. Netflix has to be feeling the heat.  Here lately some of my favorite stuff has been coming from Amazon...I finally watched an episode of that Carnival Row and it was pretty damn good. 
      September 30, 2019 6:54 AM MDT

• I thought I told you “we” don’t like that carnival show?
      September 30, 2019 6:47 PM MDT

• What are you my....streaming...Dom now??
      September 30, 2019 9:11 PM MDT

• shhhhhhh did I say you could complain?
      October 1, 2019 5:08 AM MDT

•   October 1, 2019 5:34 AM MDT

• That’s not a Trump mask -_-
      October 1, 2019 6:57 AM MDT

Cable. But also have Amazon and Hulu. 
    I get tired trying to find something to watch on Amazon. (Have only watched one movie on Hulu...really got it for my son so he can watch something while at college) 
    I use DVR on cable most of the time. Hardly ever watch anything live except the news.
      September 30, 2019 6:51 PM MDT

• I’ve never had Hulu, not sure if it’s even an option here. Amazon just comes with my prime membership, I like it now though. Have Netflix and cable also... but there’s still never anything on I want to watch with all that stuff lol. 
      September 30, 2019 6:55 PM MDT

Yay Amazon just a prime benefit. I had Netflix years ago when you had to mail the DVDs back and forth. I tried the streaming and same thing spent more time looking for something to watch than watching so cancelled it.
      September 30, 2019 7:08 PM MDT

• I heard Disney is getting a new streaming service soon too. So instead of cutting one out I’ll prob just add one more :)
      September 30, 2019 7:11 PM MDT

Hulu was great back when it was free............that was before Disney bought it.  Who's shocked?!?!?
      September 30, 2019 7:10 PM MDT

• BAH Thrifty, I was just saying to M2 about Disney getting a new streaming service lol. I forgot you really dislike them :)
      September 30, 2019 7:12 PM MDT

They have Movies Anywhere. I do have that it but it is not pay service. You basically have your digital content stored there when you want to watch it. I propably have about 20 movies on it. This post was edited by my2cents at September 30, 2019 8:26 PM MDT
      September 30, 2019 7:26 PM MDT

• Nice, I have apps on my firestick so I can get any movie for free too. That’s why I’m an idiot pay for all this stuff too. Maybe what I have is like Hulu then. 
      September 30, 2019 7:27 PM MDT

I put the ShowBox app on Fire Stick once. It took forever to do and then a month or so later it was shutdown. I have not messed with it since.
      September 30, 2019 7:31 PM MDT

• I have one called Cinema plus. Ive had it for about a year and it works great for movies. Any movie I just type in title and it’s there. But someone hooked it up for me. I’m useless when it comes  to that’s stuff. 
      September 30, 2019 7:34 PM MDT