Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Boat, Train, Automobile, Foot, Bike, Wind, Air, another dimension. Which is your traveling pleasure? Any specific reason why?

Boat, Train, Automobile, Foot, Bike, Wind, Air, another dimension. Which is your traveling pleasure? Any specific reason why?

Posted - September 29, 2019

Responses

Wind?  ....poetic.  

My boat is the conveyance of first choice 
      September 29, 2019 4:45 AM MDT

A beautiful marriage.  Thank you Don.  I see you have a wonderful time during your travels through time and space.
    No BIG wind in your current form as human but rather a very soft yet breezy one.  Enjoy!
    Thank you for sharing!
    :) :)
      September 29, 2019 10:06 AM MDT

Bike. I am of 'codger' age, so I try to keep in shape. 
      September 29, 2019 6:39 AM MDT

Faster than foot and environmentally correct.  I like it!
    Thanks bhwilson!
      September 29, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

I'm for anything with the smoothest ride with less effort from me. So, a train I suppose.
      September 29, 2019 10:08 AM MDT

On the swirl of the moment, a friend of mine and I took Amtrak from Boulder to L.A. to see a Dodgers game.
    We had so much fun it was mind-blowing.  The many, many cocktails helped that mind-blown situation as well.
    Our minds weren't blown near as much as the guys she played poker with.
    She won $525 and some guys watch.
    Thank goodness we pulled into L.A. after "the watch" game.  It had potential to turn into another form of poker we all know well.  
    I couldn't believe she kept the watch.  This is why I don't gamble. I would never have kept it.
    Anyway, those poker games payed for our trip.  We did do a lot of walking on the train.  It wasn't that relaxing but one heck of an experience.  
    Just in case you were wondering, the Dodgers won!

:) :) This post was edited by Merlin at September 30, 2019 9:55 AM MDT
      September 30, 2019 9:45 AM MDT

Dodgers? Ewwwwww!!!
      September 30, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

Hey! Hey! That's my team!
    Who would you be cheering for?  Bet my team would beat your team....
    Do you own a watch??

;) :)
      September 30, 2019 9:52 AM MDT

They can't beat the Baltimore Ravens. Hey wait! They are a football team.
      September 30, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

I'm cracking up and throwing the ball back to you. :)  Any ball will do!
    Have you ever heard or seen George Carlin and the differences between baseball and football?
    I think that might apply here!
    Big Winks and Smiles!
      September 30, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

• Haha, that Carlin bit is a classic.  "In baseball, we're just trying to go home!!"
      September 30, 2019 10:05 AM MDT

"Baseball is different than football in a lot of very different little ways..."
    It is truly a well-spent 5 minutes of your time to listen to his observations!
    George Carlin had an incredible ability to take the basic and show the amazing.  :) :)  
      September 30, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

I'll look it up right now.
      September 30, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

• Luck Dragon

September 30, 2019 7:16 AM MDT

Best way to travel, yet! 

Dragon Treats, for sure!
      September 30, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

"Neverending Story"?

(I saw the original movie only -- that somehow doesn't look like the actor but maybe he is? That creature looks like the one I remember.)
    :)
      September 30, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

• Lol that's the one. 
      September 30, 2019 9:58 AM MDT

I really, really liked that movie!
    Thanks for letting me know.
      September 30, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

You make me smile!
    I normally remember the animals and not the people!  Awesome! :) :)
      September 30, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

Thanks, Merlin.

I highly recommend that original "Neverending Story" if you haven't seen it (I think I've read they remade it? I don''t have any intention of seeing the remake if they did - - this original one is priceless to me. And I've heard of sequels - - no interest to me, either.). I would almost bet a lot of my own money on it that you'd like this first movie as much as I did, maybe even more.
      September 30, 2019 9:07 PM MDT

How come I didn't see this this morning?  I must have been thinking about the truck.  A story I must tell you in messages. :)  It's too long to say out here. ;)
    Onto bigger and better things to talk about...
    If any movie comes suggested from you, I'm on it.  :) :).  It Does look and sound like a movie I would throughly enjoy!  The original is the one to watch?  They are always the best!
    Do you think they have it on Netflix?  Is it animated?  Black and white?  
    I'm dying to see it.  Tomorrow night after work, I'll make some Toddies, grab Don and make a date/movie night out of it.
    Thank you Welby for thinking of me and recommending it!
    I look forward to watching and will let you know!
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at October 1, 2019 7:08 AM MDT
      September 30, 2019 11:08 PM MDT

Heck, I admit that I don't remember all the details of the movie, I mainly remember falling into and following along with the story and travelling with the story. I like the movie's sense of fantasy and adventure. Basically a children's movie but I enjoyed it as an adult. I know it was the original "(The) Neverending Story" I watched.
    I hope you both like it if you get the chance to watch.

It had a song in it, too, that was a big hit. I'll try to post the song.

Limahl -- "The Neverending Story"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 1, 2019 7:22 AM MDT
      October 1, 2019 7:12 AM MDT

Lately, foot.

I've always been a runner -- was a sprinter on the school track teams all through junior high and high school. Though I've kept up on exercising, lately I haven't been running so much. I like it. But I have had moments of having to walk here and there at night/evening - - I notice it calms me, even if the walks are for very short distances.
      September 30, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

I wish I could go on a walk right now.  I'm sitting on hold with AAA.  I need some calming. The truck broke down on Pacific Coast Highway 3 days ago and I am having to deal with all the towing and such.  Ugh.  Just an intermittent, "what's going on over here thought."  
    Sorry for the interruption. I find running very soothing as well.  I run long distances.  I've run sprints but I don't do as well.  I'm glad you excelled in them in the past and have found the luxury of walking to be just as beneficial.  It's a beautiful metaphor for life. :) :)
    I have shin splints from running on hard ground in lousy shoes and cocktailing in heels, not to mention working behind the bar for years.  Those past decisions have now put a cramp in my running but I still do.
    I wish I could honestly say I run everyday. Lately, I haven't made the time and my shins are acting up more than usual.  Stress, I think plays a wicked part in this. :(. 
    The good news to all of this is: We both stay active and our lungs and hearts appreciate this.
    Speaking of stress and running, I must run out the door and go get Silver, the Xterra from American Tire (which is where I had him towed, yesterday.)
    I hope you have a wonderful and stay well.  Talk to ya soon! :) :) 
    Love, Merlin
      September 30, 2019 10:38 AM MDT