Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » EPA sends letter forcing CA to address their homeless problem. Ironic?

EPA sends letter forcing CA to address their homeless problem. Ironic?

Posted - September 29, 2019

Responses

This is a question about the environment.  What could you possibly understand about the environment?

WHAT?    You don't even understand climate change.   So, really?  Your question brought on by you is the ironic part.
      September 29, 2019 7:29 AM MDT

Why do you assume that someone doesn’t know anything about a particular subject?  People don’t have to fall lock-step into every single category of thought that you espouse in order to have valid perspectives on things, it’s ok for people to think differently than you do and still have validity in their opinions without you jumping down their throats for no apparent reason. Take one of those chill pills you’re often prescribing for others. Geez. 
      September 29, 2019 7:35 AM MDT

God are  YOU ever bored.  
      September 29, 2019 7:36 AM MDT

See? There you go again. I must be bored because I didn’t fall all over myself in love with your rant, is that it?
      September 29, 2019 7:37 AM MDT

I know CA has thousands of people using the restoom on the ground. 
      September 29, 2019 7:39 AM MDT

So, after years of covertly rolling back environmental laws, NOW Trump’s EPA is actually PROTECTING the environment?
    There is some irony for ya. 

No doubt a stern letter from a govt agency will whip that place into shape in a jiffy.
    Homeless people in LA must surely care what DC thinks. 
      September 29, 2019 7:55 AM MDT

CA gov just signed 13 bills to deal with the homeless problem since the EPAs letter. So I bet the homeless there do care. This post was edited by my2cents at September 29, 2019 11:25 AM MDT
      September 29, 2019 8:02 AM MDT

Surely they are picking up their own feces as we speak. 
      September 29, 2019 8:12 AM MDT

They have an app for that. 
      September 29, 2019 8:13 AM MDT

I would say that it's about time California was given an ultimatum about this. The Centers for Disease Control reports that 2.9 million people come down with cholera annually and typhus still infects thousands of people each year as well. Typhus, tuberculosis, and other illnesses are spreading quickly through homeless camps and shelters. Infectious diseases—some that ravaged populations in the Middle Ages—are resurging in California and around the country, and are hitting homeless populations especially hard. Thus infecting the water supplies in and around the homeless camps. If gone unattended can and will infect others in the city. 
      September 29, 2019 11:25 AM MDT