Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Will impeachment kill the true progressives?

Responses

Huh. I saw the heading and was initially miffed that it was being turned into something to further divide people, but the argument is oddly solid. 

I suppose that depends on how things ultimately pan out. The Sanders quote about how this diverts attention from dem objectives is accurate, but at the same time, how much progress was being made anyway? And, if this serves to put a dem in office next time around, then it's not for nothing. 
      October 3, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

• Zizek is wild and crazy guy.  Not that it is necessarily a bad thing. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 3, 2019 1:13 PM MDT
      October 3, 2019 1:12 PM MDT

• Here's a counter point to his statement.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2019/10/2/1889661/-Nah-Professor-Zizek-you-ain-t-got-this
      October 3, 2019 1:19 PM MDT

We don't need to get all high and mighty and lofty any longer.

People are getting the word out and this schmuck and loser is hoisting his own petard.

HE IS NOT GOING TO GET ELECTED.  We are going to probably have a progressive and if we have a monkey we have risen several rungs. 

I am a progressive and I am for Warren and Sanders.  I think the Squad is amazing but they are green and need to grow.  I think Buttigieg is phenomenal and his running has enhanced the progressive AND gay idea.  

So, we can move forward. We can think ahead and we cannot worry about what it means to progressives in the long run. THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE IMPEACHED PERIOD.  IM  PEACHED.  Then we put the country back in shape.

Here is WHY:

Impeachment is going to unearth EVERY CROOK and that crook's role in this just like it unfolded in Watergate.  Same game different players.  Different and stupider than anyone who has ever been allowed in that White House and I am NOT exaggerating one iota as you know.

STUPID.

So?  They need to be exposed.  This BARR?  HOW DARE THIS PIG EVEN  RAISE A GAVEL EVER.   Mueller did not look OLD on that stand.  HE LOOKED BEATEN DOWN AND SCARED TO TALK.  Barr did SOMETHING to Mueller that scared him.  We need to find out what.

And RUDY?   Straighjacket time.  We are not going to worry about ANY PROGRESS as long as we turn our backs on this TREASON. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 4, 2019 7:16 AM MDT
      October 3, 2019 11:21 AM MDT

• Warren is a little too hung up on identity politics for my liking to be honest. She panders to groups too much IMHO with little  substance In the way of policy and economy. JMHO.  Yang and Gabbard are interesting though.   Sanders is aight too.
      October 3, 2019 1:17 PM MDT

Do any of you think Hillary is waiting in the wings for Biden to fall and Bernie to fade to health issues and Rush in to save the Dems from the extreme leftist Elizabeth Warren? 
      October 3, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

Every time he utters a syllable it proves that he cannot think.  So if you support him you cannot think either. And if you think this is what people think?  I rest my case.  
      October 3, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

You do not think Hillary wants to run?  

I Just know there are rumors of her wanting to get in.  

I am not voting for any of them so does not matter to me....
      October 3, 2019 12:18 PM MDT

• No ,no I don't.   It seems the party has finally acknowledged how toxic she is to it.  Even if she had such a plan,   I doubt many will let her close to them.   
      October 3, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

I doubt she could get it. But I have heard rumors lately and she has reappeared on the media spectrum recently. 
      October 3, 2019 1:19 PM MDT

• Rumors are garbage.  Especially in this day and age of rumor mills and how do y'all day it???  Fake news? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 3, 2019 1:29 PM MDT
      October 3, 2019 1:21 PM MDT

LOL.  You forget Hillary is who started the term Fake News as an excuse for her loss.  But Yes we took that from her.
      October 3, 2019 1:30 PM MDT

• No she didn't.   It has been being used since the early 90's at least by the common folk. ..

Trump.just capitalized on it to create a smoke and mirror over his flat out made up "facts".
      October 3, 2019 1:50 PM MDT

Well Hillary is who used it as an uncommon folk.  Trump uses it to call out those who make up things on him and others.   CNN has a long history of creative editing etc long before Trump. He is just the only one who calls their bull. 
      October 3, 2019 2:22 PM MDT

• He has a long history of using to  deflect from his BS.

No she wasn't the first uncommon folk.to use it.  Can't stand the women but she isn't nearly as powerful a force as she is made out to be either..
      October 3, 2019 2:33 PM MDT

Impeachment won't kill anyone except its intended victim or victims.
      October 3, 2019 2:39 PM MDT

No.  "Progress" that is rooted in jealousy and hatred is already dead. 
      October 11, 2019 8:49 PM MDT