Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you just as good as you used to be but not as bad?

Are you just as good as you used to be but not as bad?

I'm getting too aged to cut the mustard anymore but I don't sin as much as I used to. 

Posted - October 11, 2019

Responses

Ethics and morality? Good v. bad?

When younger, I meant well but made foolish mistakes out of my unconscious dysfunctions and lack of understanding of people and what makes them tick.

I guide myself by general principles but see many things as too complex for easy answers.
    I prefer to choose the path of greatest good or least harm, with my interests valued as neither less nor more valuable than those of other sentient life forms.

I regard myself as neither good nor bad but just striving to be and become the best I can manage.

I probably retire away into my writer's cave far too much.

October 12, 2019 3:08 AM MDT

'Unconscious dysfunctions' rings a bell with me.
      October 12, 2019 8:27 AM MDT

Ha ha! :)
    I believe most of us have them.
    At first I couldn't see how or why my thinking, speech and behaviours led me into such misery.
    I didn't begin to suspect them until I'd repeated my mistakes enough to see the links of similarity.
    On the surface, they had seemed so different.
      October 12, 2019 1:14 PM MDT

I'm now an old mellow fellow..

.When a man gets old - his hair turns gray - his time is not as long as it use to be -  his eyesight dims - his footsteps get shorter  -  his youthful days have passed away... A song. This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at October 13, 2019 1:17 PM MDT
      October 13, 2019 1:07 PM MDT

I could not have been as bad as I was.  Kill me now.
      October 13, 2019 1:11 PM MDT