Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think PROMOTING ISIS BEING ON THE RISE AGAIN is a good thing to put on the RED HAT? Isis on the RISE AGAIN? Thanks, TRUMP.

Do you think PROMOTING ISIS BEING ON THE RISE AGAIN is a good thing to put on the RED HAT? Isis on the RISE AGAIN? Thanks, TRUMP.

Posted - October 15, 2019

Responses

Any time that any person, regardless of who that person is, makes a boastful public statement that a terrorist, a terrorist group, a criminal suspect at large, a criminal organization, a criminal threat, etc., has been eliminated, neutralized, eradicated, rendered ineffective, stomped down, I think it becomes a challenge for that entity to disprove the boast by striking again. 
    ___
      October 15, 2019 9:05 AM MDT

WHAT?
      October 15, 2019 8:09 PM MDT

With regard to people involved in terrorism and organised crime, complacency and arrogance are dangerous.

I'm not sure if boasting does act as a challenge. It could, I suppose.
    Rather, I think these dangerous types will keep doing what they do regardless of whether the West fights them or withdraws.
    If we don't fight, they certainly will gain ground because the Middle-East on its own does not have the equipment or man-power to defeat them.
    If we do fight, we need better strategies.
    Aircraft, navy, tanks and troops on the ground are probably necessary, but it will take a hell of a lot more than that to win.
    They need their sources of finance strangled, their communications blocked.
    So as not to make martyrs of them, they should be rounded up and kept in comfortable prisons with meaningful but harmless work for the rest of their lives.
    Ideally, the youngest children should be taken and adopted into loving, non-extremist families.

October 16, 2019 7:18 PM MDT