Discussion » Questions » Politics » After this KURDISH FIASCO, does ANYONE have any QUESTION why I refer to Trump as Adolph HITLER???????

After this KURDISH FIASCO, does ANYONE have any QUESTION why I refer to Trump as Adolph HITLER???????

My 2?  Any questions?

Posted - October 18, 2019

Responses

Sorry, Sharona -
    I completely agree with your opposition to Trump's policies, tactics and style.

But I disagree that he's anything like Hitler.
    He has not written a manifesto like Mein Kampf.
    Despite the evidence that he is racist and white supremacist, he has not promoted the mass incarceration, enslavement and murder of Jews, blacks, Asians, Gypsies, homosexuals, intellectual dissidents and the disabled. The difference is in order of magnitude.

And there is another difference. When Trump was caught on film saying things that promoted racial hate, the public backlash was so widespread that he has been somewhat more measured and careful in what he's said on racial issues since then. Even though he is erratic, impulsive and often oblivious to the implications of his words, he does let himself be partially reigned in and controlled by his advisors. He does back down a little after his worst gaffs. Hitler didn't back down until he'd lost World War II.

I've no doubt that Trump would like to be a dictator if he could be, but under the constitution, he doesn't have that power - and no vote in the USA would give it to him. This post was edited by inky at October 18, 2019 6:09 PM MDT
      October 18, 2019 4:52 PM MDT

After extensive consideration of similar historical figures, I offer two even more suitable comparisons than Hitler:

Benito Mussolini-
    Pompous Italian tyrant and world class douchebag; Hitler’s contemporary; who strived to model Der Furhrer, even becoming his ally, while plunging his own nation into depths of corruption, failure and humiliation. Compare to Trump and his idol, Putin.

Even more apropos: 
    Publius Clodius Pulcher-
    93 BCE - 52 BCE
    A Roman populist demagogue who embraced every imaginable form of immorality and corruption. He was a singular figure in the downfall of the Roman Republic, desecrating societal conventions, undermining the rule of law, and seeding the eventual rise of the tyrannical Caesar dynasty.

You may find it intriguing that both of these winners were assassinated by their own people. I invite you to google their bios. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 19, 2019 6:52 AM MDT
      October 18, 2019 5:21 PM MDT

• Stop trivializing the events of Nazi Germany.
      October 18, 2019 6:09 PM MDT