Discussion » Statements » I don't care WHAT he did today or YESTERDAY. Last week TRUMP killed our allies. He should be tried and executed by LAW. OKAY?

I don't care WHAT he did today or YESTERDAY. Last week TRUMP killed our allies. He should be tried and executed by LAW. OKAY?

HOW DARE HE????
HOW DARE HE????

Trump Betrayed the Kurds. He Couldn’t Help Himself.

Humiliating his own Cabinet secretaries was bad. Putting faithful American allies in harm’s way is far worse.

OCT 15, 2019
Contributing writer at The Atlantic and senior fellow at EPPC
Enjoy unlimited access to The Atlantic for less than $1 per week.
Sign in
Donald Trump walks away.JONATHAN ERNST / REUTERS

Updated at 11:06 a.m. ET on October 15, 2019.

President Donald Trump’s betrayal of the Kurds stung deeply. “They trusted us and we broke that trust. It’s a stain on the American conscience.” These, according to The New York Times, are the searing words of an Army officer who has worked alongside the Kurds in northern Syria.

Kurdish forces played a central role in aiding the United States in fighting the Islamic State. But in a phone call a week ago Sunday, Trump gave the green light to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to invade northern Syria—and, in the process, to engage in what even one of Trump’s most loyal supporters, Senator Lindsey Graham, describes as the “ethnic cleansing” of the Kurds.

Nominate a nonprofit for The Renewal Awards

Help a local organization win $40,000 in funding and make an even bigger impact.

promo image
Nominate

According to Jennifer Griffin and Melissa Leon of Fox News, Trump was supposed to tell Erdoğan to stay north of the border, but instead “went off script.” By Wednesday, the Turkish offensive began, with Erdoğan’s aim to push back the Syrian Kurds from the border region. The results have been swift and brutal: the displacement of more than 100,000 people, executions and war crimes, the escape of hundreds of Islamic State prisoners. (If Islamic State fighters escape, they’ll “be escaping to Europe,” Trump said last week—as if Europe’s problems don’t affect the United States.) For the Kurds, the consequences of America’s policy change will only get worse. “I don’t know how many people will die. A lot of people will die,” a senior military source told Fox News. Yesterday the Trump administration tried frantically to make Turkey stand down, but enormous damage has already been done.

Posted - October 25, 2019

Responses

You should never hurt your friends of allies....it will come back to bite him....
      October 25, 2019 6:54 PM MDT

Sharonna, words matter.  I know you are angry, but inciting violence is not something anyone should encourage and frankly, it sounds like something you-know-who has been accused of.  Let the legal proceedings play out, instead of wanting to turn him into a martyr.
      October 25, 2019 8:01 PM MDT

I am not inciting violence.  He is up on charges.  He needs to receive CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.  No one is saying GO OUT AND KILL THE BUM YOURSELVES.

He is citing violence at every turn and he needs to receive CAPITAL PUNISHMENT for this.  NOT GANG VIOLENCE>

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 26, 2019 12:11 PM MDT
      October 25, 2019 8:04 PM MDT

Thanks for clearing that up.
      October 25, 2019 8:06 PM MDT

Thanks for bringing that up.  He is a monster and he needs to answer for it.  He killed our allies and did not even consult anyone about it. He betrayed our country and I JUST WOULD LOVE TO SEE IF OBAMA DID THIS WHAT THE QUESTIONS WOULD BE LIKE ON HERE.
      October 25, 2019 8:08 PM MDT

Ya but if he is charged with murder and sentenced to the chair the electricity would set off all the built up trans fats and hot air and cause an explosion and fire.  And it would be like the tire pile fire on the Simpsons show that they can't put out. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at October 26, 2019 12:11 PM MDT
      October 25, 2019 8:08 PM MDT

Yes, dear.  I am still waiting to see if I am banned for life now.
      October 25, 2019 8:10 PM MDT