Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Do you know how many children your parents originally intended to have, and of which gender? If so, were their plans realized?

Do you know how many children your parents originally intended to have, and of which gender? If so, were their plans realized?

A. Zero
B. Just one, either gender
C. Just one, a particular gender
D. Two, of any gender
E. Two, one of each gender
F.  Three or more, of any gender
E. Three or more, all the same gender
F.  An even number of children, half of each gender
G. An even number of children, of any gender
H. An even number of children, all of the same gender
I. An odd number of children, two of one gender
J. An odd number of children, all of the same gender 
K. Gee, this list of choices sure is long
L. I don’t know
M. None of it was planned
N. None of it went according to their plan
O. Every child was an oops
P. Two or more of the above 
Q. None of the above/other answer

~

Posted - October 30, 2019

Responses

My father, may I say, was sex crazed. First, he pumps out 3 kids with his first wife, gets married to a second wife, and pumps out 3 more kids. Then he gets a third wife, but BAM!, she is too old to have more kids. So he dies. End of story.
      October 30, 2019 8:33 AM MDT

They both wanted two kids of the same gender.  
    They thought you should have kids in even numbers. Their reasoning was this way one doesn't get too spoiled or left out.

They also said they only wanted to have as many kids as they were occupying the earth.  This way, when they died, they wouldn't add to the population growth.  In other words, number-wise, they only wanted to replace themselves.

Making half the dream come true was the easy part. :)  They had two.
    My mom thought she wanted boys.  Then she had girls. She has never been let down by having girls and not boys.

This post was edited by Merlin at October 30, 2019 11:04 PM MDT
      October 30, 2019 9:31 AM MDT

L. But I think O. As I was born their Senior year in high school and my sister was born just before a divorce. 
    But again L. 
      October 30, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

• Either D or E. I think my parents always wanted more than one kid, but they had trouble conceiving me so once they got their Nevan, they didn't seem to want to bother having any others. And that's fine by me--I've never minded being an only child. :)
      October 30, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

They had planned on 4.  They didn't care what gender, whatever God gave them was fine with them.
    They only had 3 children as the last child literally "broke the mold" (ain't I a stinker!).
      October 30, 2019 5:20 PM MDT