Active Now

Echooos
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Love can sometimes hurt but mostly heal. Hate only hurts. Does love take too much energy and that's why so many hate?

Love can sometimes hurt but mostly heal. Hate only hurts. Does love take too much energy and that's why so many hate?

Posted - November 2, 2019

Responses

I realize that your question isn't a religious/spiritual one but I'll answer it in a way that makes the most sense to me. Biblically speaking, there are positive and negative aspects of hatred. It is acceptable to hate those things that God hates; indeed, this is very much a proof of right standing with God. 

“Let those who love the Lord hate evil”  (Psalm 97:10a)

However, the hatred that is negative surely has to be that which is directed against others (hurtful). That type of hatred is a “heart sin", and any hateful thought or act in that manner is an act of murder in God’s eyes for which justice will be demanded, possibly not in this life but will be at the judgment. So heinous is the position of that type of hate before God, is that a man who hates is said to be walking in darkness, as opposed to the light.

Love, on the other hand, doesn't necessarily take too much energy but it does take time. Especially the true, deep, sacrificial, abiding love. That type of love definitely exists in the world but you rarely hear about it because the hatred gets more attention and press time so to speak.
      November 3, 2019 12:11 AM MDT

Thank you for your very thoughtful answer ru. I like what you wrote a lot. Here's the next question I'm asking and it just occurred to me. Does love turn to hate more often than hate turns to love? Have you ever experienced either one? Happy Sunday.
      November 3, 2019 1:51 AM MDT

Only if you abuse it or take it for granted Rosie....if you get it right ,it can last forever ,it can also be passed on to your children and is quite infectious if it's nurtured and encouraged to grow....:)
      November 3, 2019 12:41 AM MDT

I wonder what occurs more often D? Love turning to hate or hate turning to love? Gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 3, 2019 1:50 AM MDT

Love can turn to the worse kind of hate Rosie ....it can be vicious and hateful and know no bounds and also be never ending also....To then do we part takes on a whole new meaning then.... 
      November 3, 2019 1:48 AM MST

I know honey and I have never experienced it personally thank goodness but I have been an observer and I have never understood it. Of course it all depends on what the former beloved did but still if you once loved someone and especially if you had children together I can't understand badmouthing your former mate to anyone much less your children. I'm just happy I've never had to deal with something like. I mean yes I've been divorced but I don't hate. I've left other relationships of different kinds and never found a need/desire to hate. It just sometimes doesn't work out. Friends/lovers/whatever. So you just take what was good as a wonderful memory and move on. I can't imagine spending my entire life hating someone and trying to do harm as a revenge tactic. I am not vindictive nor retaliatory. I just ignore avoid forget move forward. That's what seems most logical to me. Thank you for your reply D! :)
      November 3, 2019 1:56 AM MST

You can never know until it happens Rosie...what the trigger is is hard to say ,sep't its laying dormant in everyone I think....to grow apart is one thing,to be forced to part an entirly different matter...
      November 3, 2019 2:02 AM MST

You really think that possibility is there somewhere in everyone D? Hating a former loved one? That is a very scary thought. The only homo sap I hate is you know who...the donald. Well I guess anything is possible. That is one thing I would like to remain as a potential possibility and not experience in actuality. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 3, 2019 2:06 AM MST

I think it all depends on how things materialize Rosie and the way things have been done to you...
    Maybe it's inbread in us ull and just needs the right situation to bring it out in us.....
    Is not your hatred of Trump just another arm of how you can feel about someone....
    As you know, you damage yourself by hating ,it does effect how you are with other as it's all that's on your mind from morning to dusk....I bet oden in your thought to while trying to get some sleep...
      November 3, 2019 3:41 AM MST

For decades I prided myself on NEVER HATING ANYONE! I BRAGGED about it D. Until motormouth came on the scene and changed me to someone who can HATE. He is the only one. I am not disappointed that I HATE him. I would be disappointed if I didn't frankly. He represents all that is disgusting and vile and evil and mean and cruel. Why should I not hate that? Thank you for your reply. Another question I just gotta ask.
      November 3, 2019 3:53 AM MST