Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Sports » What is the furthest you've ever walked or ridden a bike ,Forrest Gump style ....kinda long endurance treck ,that's not a race. ?

What is the furthest you've ever walked or ridden a bike ,Forrest Gump style ....kinda long endurance treck ,that's not a race. ?

Posted - November 3, 2019

Responses

As kids we easily put eight miles on our bikes on the days we rode to the commercial section of our part of town.  It was about four miles each way.  Then we would ride all over creation.  Probably another eight miles.  It's almost unbelievable how free to explore the world we were in childhood.  Not a care and our parents knew we would be safe or someone would help us. 

In college my husband and I rode bikes all over campus.  We lived  a few miles off campus and would bike over there for events and stuff.  It was easier than driving on days like home football games, concerts, etc. 

November 3, 2019 1:18 AM MDT

Can that still be done or are there to many vechiles on the roads now ? 
      November 3, 2019 2:40 PM MST

Yes, all of that can still be done.  
    A lot of kids don't even take cars to college.  Some universities used to ban freshmen from having cars on campus.  I think that rule is gone everywhere.
      November 3, 2019 6:41 PM MST

I was on a 4 mile trek to a church picnic when I had heat stroke.  I was riding along a river ran out of water and didn't have the presence of mind to jump in or take a drink.  I did have the presence of mind to hide/collapse my venerable self under a tree.  I was there for over two hours according to my watch. Was not consciousness most of the time.  I was so weak when I came to and had to walk back to my car.  I realized there was Kayak lessons taking place on the river and they would have come to my rescue. Another time the Lord saved my life. Thank you Jesus. 
      November 3, 2019 7:55 AM MST

consciousness conscious. You realize, of course, that God wouldn't have been much help without your presence of mind that made you do what you did. In other words, God can help you win the football game as long as you block, tackle, avoid penalties, and don't fumble. In still other words, God and paying the fare will get you on the train.
      November 3, 2019 8:08 AM MST

Noted!
      November 3, 2019 8:44 AM MST

As a child, I delivered newspapers on the longest bike route in town. It was 7 miles EVERY DAY. Years earlier, at age 9, my cousin and I pedaled 18 miles each way to another town. It was nothing for we tough little Wilson kids. 
      November 3, 2019 1:23 PM MST

You must be super man's son I think....lol 
      November 3, 2019 2:48 PM MST

Probably, it was the night I got  "lost"  in Key West on New's Years Eve. I  know I walked for at least 5 hours that night. 
      November 3, 2019 1:59 PM MST

Sooner you than me..lol
      November 3, 2019 2:53 PM MST

I used to jog (a very slow jog) seven miles on the beach at low tide, when you can reach the hard-packed sand.  When I was a kid we used to hike in the desert and in the woods all day long sometimes.  I'm sure we covered more than 10 miles many times.

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW????
      November 28, 2019 8:09 PM MST