Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Remember those Scholastic book fairs when you were a kid?? I DO!

Remember those Scholastic book fairs when you were a kid?? I DO!

Posted - November 4, 2019

Responses

Ditto. As far as I know, Scholastic book fairs have never been a thing in Australia, but I looked foward to the order forms coming out every term, as did my kids years later - and we also were/are a book family. Books were the one extravagance Mum was prepared to countenance.
    Everything is electronic now. I have several hundred ebooks on this tablet, that being more convenient to carry around than a ton of book cabinet plus books. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at November 8, 2019 7:50 AM MST
      November 5, 2019 2:09 AM MST

I'll never stare at an electronic device to read a book.  I love books.  I make notes and fold corners and drip coffee on them.  They are mine.  
      November 5, 2019 5:52 PM MST

Don't get me wrong, I love the ink on paper variety - I don't make notes or slop anything on them, but I do dog-ear a page to keep my place. Ebooks are convenient is all.
      November 5, 2019 7:32 PM MST

• We got the order forms too but this was an actual book fair they put on that was once a year. They would set up a little book store and if had toys and weird pens and FRUIT SHAPE ERASERS! It lasted 3 days And on the first day we would go look around and fill out our wish list...then take the wish list home and throw a temper fit until parents gave us money to buy stuff on the list...then next day go shop. It was the Bomb diggity :)
      November 5, 2019 5:53 AM MST

I think my kids did go to a Scholastic book fair now that you add the part of junk to spend money on.  
      November 5, 2019 5:37 PM MST

hell ya i bought hella erasers with my parents money 
      November 9, 2019 7:58 PM MST