Active Now

Slartibartfast
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Music » MASSAGE MUSIC PLEASE READ EVERY(ONE. I NEED YOU. HELP ME

MASSAGE MUSIC PLEASE READ EVERY(ONE. I NEED YOU. HELP ME

This love note includes everyone.  Because I would like information from the Mugger "public" regarding what kind of music you would like to listen to while getting a massage at a spa.

I understand this may be the least of your concerns.  Getting worked on is all most people care about until they lay down.  For instance, I love Tori Amos, but I don't think 80 percent of my clients do.  They would get uncomfortable listening to her because she is strange to them and LET'S FACE IT FOLKS, TORI IS JUST STRANGE.

My biggest concern is finding music I can adapt to spa restrictions (no rap or loud vocals, just not relaxing) and love the sound myself.  I am more than willing to play something I don't like if the client does, I am all about the service, but they will get their best massage if I can only find some music I love and can do a great massage to.  The music carries the time for me and I give the best massages if the music clicks just right in my head.  The massage just organically comes together for me.

My question is PLEASE POST OR GIVE ME TITLES OF MUSIC YOU WOULD SERIOUSLY LIKE TO HEAR WHILE GETTING A MASSAGE.  DON'T BE LIKE ME AND GIVE A SNARK ANSWER, BECAUSE THIS WILL LITERALLY IMPROVE MASSAGE AND THE MASSAGE WORLD.  I'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN MY FIGHT FOR GOOD MASSAGE MUSIC.

Posted - November 9, 2019

Responses

Enya or Amira. Pink Floyd at a pinch. You need mellow.
      November 9, 2019 8:08 AM MST

Riders on the Storm. The Doors.
      November 9, 2019 11:29 AM MST

I love Kitaro. My favorite album is Light of the Spirit.

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at November 9, 2019 2:32 PM MST
      November 9, 2019 2:25 PM MST

I may be a perfect candidate for giving input here because I frequently get massages and in my opinion, the overall atmosphere is an important part of the experience.  Were I the type who seldom gets massages, this might not factor in so well. 

Rather than name a particular artist or particular artists, a particular title, it’s the genre of music that is more relevant to me. Soft, subtle, easy listening is what I prefer to hear playing in the background during a massage. Instrumental, jazz, blues, classic love songs, classic R&B, sixties or seventies music, and especially eighties top 100, etc. One thing I find annoying is loud music, regardless of whether I like the song itself, and because one of the main elements of a massage is relaxation. Music played at a high volume is not appropriate in that setting, because that’s not part of relaxing. Some places have music that is simply too loud. 

Now, another angle is that where I live, 99% of the massage industry is in the hands of the Chinese, to include the owners, managers, therapists, receptionists, cashiers, everyone involved in the process. As such, many of the salons pipe in Chinese music throughout their places. I’m not a fan. Whether it’s traditional I’ve begun to play my own music inside the room, I merely select an iHeart offering from one of the examples I listed above, and play it at an extremely low volume that doesn’t disturb anyone else. 

Your concern for finding music that the average client will or can enjoy seems a bit stress-triggering to me. Why not leave it up to clients’ choices/preferences?  
    ~
      November 9, 2019 10:25 PM MST