Discussion » Questions » Politics » This month Paula White became chair of evangelical advisory board in Trump's administration. Do you think she will help the Donald win 2020?

This month Paula White became chair of evangelical advisory board in Trump's administration. Do you think she will help the Donald win 2020?

She claims to be Trump's spiritual advisor. She preaches the prosperity gospel. Orthodox Christians and some evangelicals  think she is a charlatan, a heretic and a false teacher.

Posted - November 9, 2019

Responses

No.  I think any advice, from any board, speaking on any subject, will just be another voice in the background.

The only board I can think of that would benefit Trump is the Plank.

This post was edited by Merlin at November 10, 2019 1:31 PM MST
      November 9, 2019 11:51 PM MST

She has been helping for 3yrs only difference is she now has a paid position. (Last month in Oct)

She spoke at the inauguration. So she was certainly not being hidden. 

She continue to be a help whether people know it or not. 

People disagree over the Bible all the time. But those who believe will be happy there is a representative of God there. 

This post was edited by my2cents at November 10, 2019 12:20 PM MST
      November 10, 2019 6:13 AM MST

Her 'Prosperity Gospel' seems not highly regarded among Christians. 
      November 10, 2019 8:40 AM MST

You might surprised just how popular it is....it is not "her prosperity gospel"....there many many for believe in the "prosperity gospel"...Name one nationally know preacher who is not part of it? 
    It is not popular with people who do claim Christian but do not attend any church etc. 
      November 10, 2019 9:38 AM MST

November 10, 2019 11:03 AM MST

Your article is from 2010. She is not in jail. So what is your point? That she is rich? That she is paid by her ministry?  I do not care. 
    Look into other non-profits they pay big bucks to their board members as well. It is all legal. The people who are donating know it is being paid. 
      November 10, 2019 12:22 PM MST

Never let a good rant be spoiled by facts!
      November 10, 2019 12:43 PM MST

So True!!  :) :)
      November 10, 2019 1:31 PM MST

Good eye. I didn't notice the date of the article. Anyway I think the prosperity gospel is kind of a fishy issue. 
      November 10, 2019 1:35 PM MST

Correct me if I am wrong. But you are not a Christian so by nature would think everything in the Bible is "fishy."
      November 10, 2019 1:40 PM MST

In the beginning I think supernatural creation is a fishy issue.  I agree with Buddha who wisely said 'leave beginnings for science to determine'

The bible is an interesting read but I think was written by men who were inspired by their belief in a God rather than a supernatural God. 
      November 10, 2019 2:07 PM MST

To take it a step further, I think the bible was written by people who invented God and related narrative to explain life, death, and how everything around them came to be.
      November 10, 2019 2:10 PM MST

I guess they did the best they could to do all the research and produce peer reviewed papers.
      November 10, 2019 2:28 PM MST

Prosperity preachers are human waste.  Their actions do not reflect any teachings of Christ that I am aware of. 
    I'm sure Twinkle Dink will have plenty to say about them This post was edited by Jon at December 28, 2019 11:08 AM MST
      November 10, 2019 2:20 PM MST

The ones I have seen teach directly from the Bible. More so than most preachers I have seen. 
      November 10, 2019 3:59 PM MST

It's an un-holy pyramid scam.
    These people are disgusting and nothing more than con men using the pretense of faith to bilk people of their money

November 10, 2019 12:43 PM MST

I assume you feel the same way about the executives of Planned Parenthood as well who are paid hundreds of thousands annually. With their top CEO pulling in over $900,000 annual....and yes they are a non profit. And they get our tax money too boot.

I have no problem with a preacher having a plane. Copeland's supporters gave money specifically to purchase his ministry's plane. In fact, to spend it on anything other than the plane would be illegal.  This post was edited by my2cents at November 10, 2019 12:57 PM MST
      November 10, 2019 12:53 PM MST

"I assume you feel the same way about the executives of Planned Parenthood "

No..Planned parenthood is not a religious organization. They provide health services for women. 
    Apples and oranges

I have HUGE problem with those pigs pretending to be people of faith.  They are trash and should be taxed heavily This post was edited by Jon at December 28, 2019 11:09 AM MST
      November 10, 2019 2:18 PM MST

No they are both NON PROFIT organizations. For different reasons....but the are both apples. You say one is Washington Red and one is a Granny Smith but neither is an orange. They both do not pay taxes on their money. Churches feed, cloth, and house more people than any other group in the world. And Planned Parenthood does do some healthcare...STD screening, and GYN screenings (as required for birth control)...they do not do mammograms. And vast majority of that they do is for profit abortions. And with the exception of said abortion every medical procedure they do is also done at every County Health Clinic in the country.
      November 10, 2019 4:15 PM MST

Apples and Oranges. One claims to be a religious organization but it reaping profits for the luxury and convenience of the church leaders AND one provides healthcare...STD screening and GYN screenings, mammograms, and yes...some abortions.

APPLES and ORANGES

Show me one life saved from a prosperity preacher spending millions and millions on airplanes and fancy cars.  The money spent on such frivolity could be spent on food, healthcare, and housing for the poor and needy.

As far as I know, Christ didn't buy a big house, boats, carts, or other luxury items.
    Christ provided healthcare and fed the poor. 

Never will I accept the Stuart Copeland's of the world spending on audacious extravagances when the amount that is pissed away on their need for "comfort" can provide comfort for just one person in need.  

These so-called ministries should be audited and they should be taxed. The money could then be put back to benefit the welfare of American citizens.  Congress is empowered to do so and should do so...

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of the US Constitution states:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

I confess that I am not an expert on Biblical scripture but I know right from wrong.
    People need Healthcare, Housing, Food, Clothing. They do not need a sleazy, self-indulging profiteer preaching to them while they dig into their pockets for jet fuel

This post was edited by Jon at December 28, 2019 11:10 AM MST
      November 10, 2019 4:37 PM MST

No cares if you except any of the preachers. That is up to you. 
    But Jesus had a treasurer....you do not have one of those if you do not have some money somewhere. Jesus also accepted a gift that was worth .A years worth of wages. 'That could be used to feed to poor...what a waste.' Watch who you are quoting (Hint it is not Jesus) 
    Paul also taught that the Church is to take care of the preachers. 

As I said church feeds, clothes and houses more people than any other in the world. And YES they also provide FREE healthcare.

PP does not even own a mammogram machine in the country. And their main business is abortion. And they are so worried about providing healthcare for poor women that they opted OUT of healthcare Title X money in August of this uear because they would not be allowed to refer women to abortion providers. So they put their abortion profit in front of helping those poor women who they had been providing with some reproductive healthcare. (Again NO mammograms that is a lie told by Roberts some years back) There are organizations who to provide free mammograms but PP is not one. 
    Those are facts. This post was edited by my2cents at November 10, 2019 5:25 PM MST
      November 10, 2019 5:22 PM MST

It may only stoke the clamor of ‘the Base’. Much like the paranoid President, those who swallow and revere the indefensible pseudoscientific nonsense of the religious right are also in constant need of bias confirmation; the latter working tirelessly to insinuate their Iron Age fables into the government, in violation of the Constitution. It seems polluting science classrooms isn’t sufficient.

In this case, not only another voice of  faith ignorance, but a woman too, a challenging demographic for Mr Pu—ygrabber. 

It is entirely consistent to line up a legion of charlatans to support one. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 10, 2019 2:47 PM MST
      November 10, 2019 6:30 AM MST

She, IMO, are the CINO'S- Christian in name only...  It is all about money

When the dollar rules the pulpit, (bully pulpit) then the Devil rules the pews (many trumpters).

This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at November 10, 2019 1:34 PM MST
      November 10, 2019 8:23 AM MST

Good Morning Beans!  What a lovely way to start the day. :)  I mean this. I don't have a sarcastic bone in my body.
    Between boats in the bathtub and seeing your name and musical notes, I know.  It's going to be a good day. :)

I totally agree.  Then again, I have yet to find anything we don't agree on. :) :) 
      November 10, 2019 8:35 AM MST