Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Regardless of your age today, do you remember if you had any oft-recurring dreams when you were a child? If so, what were they about? ~

Regardless of your age today, do you remember if you had any oft-recurring dreams when you were a child? If so, what were they about? ~

Posted - November 17, 2019

Responses

When i was a kid, my favorite movies were jurassic park. 

And i remember , i used to always dream , 1 time per month, that a giant t-rex was chasing me and i was running crazily to avoid him.

November 17, 2019 10:48 AM MST

Falling. Always falling. Also, tornadoes. In my youth, I was always having nightmares involving tornadoes.  Funny thing, when I was actually in a tornado, it didn't bother me. It DID bother the neighbors' garage, but lifted that harmlessly over our home.
      November 17, 2019 1:40 PM MST

On your dreams of falling, did you ever make impact?  The reason I ask is that I’ve heard that in the field of dream analysis, researchers claim that constant falling and falling is a common theme, but that few or none of the people who dream it ever make impact. Furthermore, hitting the ground or the bottom of a deep pit, deep cave, deep crevice signifies death, in that the dreamer is having a premonition. As such, most people either wake up before hitting anything, or the dream sequence changes from endless falling to something else.  I do not know if any of that is an accurate on the topic of dream analysis. 

~
      November 17, 2019 8:11 PM MST

There were two of them that I remember.

1.  I'm in the parking lot of the steel mill near where I grew up.  I'm naked and don't know how I got there.  

2.  Something is chasing me and I'm running as fast as I can possibly go.  I know if I go fast enough I will fly and that is my goal.  Just as I feel my feet leaving the ground..................."Time to get up......NOW."    
      November 17, 2019 6:20 PM MST

Was dream #2 a continuation of dream #1?

Approximately how old were you when the dreams started and how old when they stopped (if they have)?

~
      November 17, 2019 8:28 PM MST

They were no related or attached to each other.  I've had the running/flying one as an adult but it's probably been 20 years now.  The parking lot one was just a childhood dream and I doubt I had it after the age of about 10.
      November 18, 2019 2:08 PM MST

They were no related or attached to each other.  I've had the running/flying one as an adult but it's probably been 20 years now.  The parking lot one was just a childhood dream and I doubt I had it after the age of about 10.
      November 18, 2019 2:08 PM MST

We had a pool when i was a kid.  At night I would often dream that I thought I could fly, but it was like being in the pool.  On push off, I'd soar about 10 feet in the air and, that was it.  There was no longer anything but air for my feet to push off of.  I'd keep moving my legs, trying to run, not really knowing how this flying skill is supposed to work, but alas I'd just settle back down to the ground and maybe not bother to push off again.

I proof read this carefully.  If there are no mistakes, I think I should get some acknowledgement of that.
      November 18, 2019 7:38 PM MST