Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Suppose a person been working for a company several years then goes to jail for a crime. What chance getting job back?

Suppose a person been working for a company several years then goes to jail for a crime. What chance getting job back?

A company I worked for said that if a person disappears for more than 6 months then their employment is considered terminated. They pay a lot of money to train their people. 

Posted - November 17, 2019

Responses

I would think the chances are low that they could get their job back, but I suppose it would also depend on the circumstances.  For me, it would be more a matter of not rehiring them as a matter of trust than how much it cost to train them.  I know everyone deserves a second chance, but if you worked for a bank and you stole money from it, I hardly think you should expect be re-employed.
      November 17, 2019 5:56 PM MST

Any company may set their rules as they please.  To make them stick they need to have compiled an employee handbook and ensured that every employee received a copy at the time of employment.  There is no way to answer your question because of so many unknowns. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at November 18, 2019 2:17 PM MST
      November 17, 2019 6:03 PM MST

Depends on the particular crime, the nature of the job, and how one relates to the other. 

November 17, 2019 6:04 PM MST