Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What is something you now regret that you never regretted before, even though you had long ago had a chance to regret? Do you also regret

What is something you now regret that you never regretted before, even though you had long ago had a chance to regret? Do you also regret

having waited so long?  Wait a minute; now I regret coming up with this. It's never happened before, but I could have. 
~

Posted - November 22, 2019

Responses

My days and nights are filled with memories of past regrets. 
      November 22, 2019 5:55 AM MST

Like who you vote for?  I understand.  
      December 6, 2019 3:22 PM MST

The biggest thing I regret right now is the fact that I've only just recently stopped smoking, on the 1st of December. I was halfway through one of them & I just stopped & thought (for once) about what it was doing to me & my loved-ones; so I decided to simply go cold-turkey & promised myself that I wouldn't let another one touch my lips, no matter what. I also knew my mum's birthday was the next day (2nd of December) & since I couldn't get her anything, I thought this would please her; & I was right. She had a mini-stroke a while ago & the last thing I want is to stress her over the smoking or have her breathing any more second-hand smoke. I didn't regret not giving them up before, because I was always in so much physical pain & grief over the loss of my baby rabbit that I didn't care what it was doing to my health; & in my misery, I didn't stop to think about my family (which I admit was very selfish of me, but I hope to make up for that). It's been over 72 hours now & I haven't been craving, nor have I weakened or considered asking for a cigarette (as I've already sworn that I wouldn't, even going as far as to promise my late baby rabbit that I won't give in to temptation); so, I think I'm going to make it. I only wish I'd tried a bit sooner, as I do worry about how much damage it could've caused & how much of it is reversible (hopefully all of it, but I know there's no guarantees). Well; at least I've accomplished that & if I need surgery again (due to a complication, after the amputation surgery I had in September), at least I'll be at less of a risk under anaesthesia... =o) This post was edited by AspieGirl88 at December 6, 2019 8:09 PM MST
      December 6, 2019 9:47 AM MST

There are ways to quit smoking.  You are doing it the almost impossible way.  Why don't you get some tools to help you quit?  There are nutrients that you can take to stop the cravings.  There are patches, there is hypnosis.  You are asking for failure.  Desire to quit has NOTHING to do with it.
      December 6, 2019 3:24 PM MST

Why don’t you quit nagging people about their lifestyle choices all the time?  What works for one person might not work for another, and vice-versa. Chill, Jill. 

:|
      December 6, 2019 8:12 PM MST

Standing up to my first wife, who piled on all forms of abuse on me. I look back at all of the chances I had and didn't. We probably would not have had children, though. This post was edited by Element 99 at December 6, 2019 8:09 PM MST
      December 6, 2019 1:11 PM MST

I don't even think that way.  I don't regret.  

It is an exercise in futility.  You can learn from your past mistakes, but wasting time regretting stuff is a waste of time.
      December 6, 2019 3:26 PM MST